What 1/4mile times with ZE?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Sonic

What 1/4mile times with ZE?

Post by Sonic »

New to the board. Sorry for a played out question. What are some current times for a ZE swap in an MX-3? I've been thinking of ditching my Probe latley and getting one. For the lighter weight body ya know. I mean I'll hit probably mid 14's with my ZE once it gets in.<P>------------------<BR>Mazda Powered 93SonicProbeGT<BR>AIM:Benkrys
~SonicRacing~
DriversClub

Re: What 1/4mile times with ZE?

Post by DriversClub »

Low 14's. 14.3 at 5,000ft above sea level is what I'm running.<BR>DriversClub<BR>
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

14 flat at sealevel with the regular bolt ons and a good driver is reasonable...<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

YO! Its ben!<BR> <BR>Sup man. Yeah, basically everyone who swaps in a ZE, whether theyre a good driver or not, runs mid to low 14's. I dont know of anyone to run headers in a ZE powered Mx-3 yet, so that could take it down into the 13's since the K8 manifolds are tiny. <P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

Your dang right it's Ben! Image<P>I really don't understand why more ppl don't do up MX-3's... Man. I want one! :P
~SonicRacing~
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

It is the narrow path to righetousness Image<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

And the more I talk about the dang thing at work the more I am conviencing myself to get one. Just today. Telling some one about the 1.6L B6T engine. Saying what it could do. Who much power you could have. Really made me think. Image<P>------------------<BR>Mazda Powered 93SonicProbeGT<BR>AIM:Benkrys
~SonicRacing~
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

You think the B6T is bad?<BR>Check out the BPT Image<P>Dave Lauzier: 11.0 @ 130ish...full interior, daily driven MX-3. 525hp IIRC... Image<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

Yea, but that takes a little more work to put in. I'd do it though. 11, huh? That's pretty good. He have a website?<P>------------------<BR>Mazda Powered 93SonicProbeGT<BR>AIM:Benkrys
~SonicRacing~
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Hmm...the only site I've ever seen him on is the IDRC site, beating Tony Fuchs Image<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
greg_84

Post by greg_84 »

pardon my ignorence but i am also new, what is a ZE?
Sonic

Post by Sonic »

A KL_ZE is the Japanese version to the KL_03. The KL_03 beeing the engine found in the 93- Probe/MX-6/626/Millenia. The ZE (J-spec) has 200hp over the 164hp US motor. Either engine will fit in an MX-3. Does wonders for an MX-3! A 200hp engine made for a 2,900lb car! I've driven and MX-3 with the 200hp engine. It screems. Definatly worth every bit for your cars. Probably the most cost effective upgrade for an MX-3.<P>------------------<BR>Mazda Powered 93SonicProbeGT<BR>AIM:Benkrys
~SonicRacing~
greg_84

Post by greg_84 »

Cool... I'd imagine the price though, around 5000 or more? would it also work with the 4cyl mx3?

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”