my guages and headlights are dimming!!Help

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Maddbuck

Re: my guages and headlights are dimming!!Help

Post by Maddbuck »

the dimming seems to be a normal thing on the mx-3. Some people get it more than others. I've seen the dimmming happen on other cars as well so it is not unique to the mx-3. <BR>The shuddering is part of the 4cyl mx-3 and people have tried to fix it using various methods, I still don't know if anyone has succeeded. Some people clean the fuel injectors, others try adjusting the idle screw. I think oxygen sensors have been replaced also. <P>did the nipple break on the stock airbox holding that tiny pipe or did it just slip off? If it did break you need to fix it because unfiltered air is being drawn into the engine. :roll:
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

If your lights are weak, your alternator could be going. I had the same problem untill the alternator finally died and now I replaced it and all the lights are strong.
hi
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

When I got My MX-3 I still had the original battery in it which makes it like 8 years old this is a problem because the longer you keep a an old battery on your car the harder your alternator will work, that is where I am I get the dim lights too. Eventually I will have to replace the alternator.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

Yeah I had that on my RS a year ago, It was the battery. It could also be the alternator. Have it checked by a mechanic.
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

My RS does it still. I have a brand new alternator and battery too.<BR>Its cause you have a 70 amp alternator. My roomates RS did it too. My GS doesnt, cause it has a 90amp alt. If you have anything non-stock you'll get it. Do you have an aftermarket audio system?

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”