harness weirdness in my 93 mx3/anyone have SOHC B6 pinouts?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
crazchino
antispam: No

harness weirdness in my 93 mx3/anyone have SOHC B6 pinouts?

Post by crazchino »

I'm doin a B6 to BP swap in my 93 mx3, and after searching through the forums was led to believe that it's essentially plug nd play, reusing the harness with the exception of 3 wires.

however, I've run into some oddities and was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

the 93 sohc mx3 harness shuld have 3 dizy wires, mine already has 4. (great cuz the BP uses 4, but still weird)
the throttle sensor harness(i think) has 3 pins, but the BP has 4.
and the injector harness has 6 pins, but the BP has 8.
what are the extra ones for and where do i string em to?

was hopin someone could give me some insight cuz i'm totally noob'n it up right now, but if not, i'll settle for pinouts. i've searched the forums nd could only find charts for the DOHC B6 and the BP. none for a SOHC.

oh and one last thing. the chilton diagrams show that corresponding sensors lead to different pins between the BP ecu and the B6 ecu. is that just to make it easier to read? or do i really have to rearrange all that junk?
Evo_Spec

Re: harness weirdness in my 93 mx3/anyone have SOHC B6 pinou

Post by Evo_Spec »

if you pulled the engine side wiring harness with your BP, and your swapping into an SOHC car (92-93) i don't beleieve you have to swap anything, you only need to swap it if you have a 94+
just make sure you have the BP05 ECU
crazchino

Post by crazchino »

nope the wires were cut when i picked it up. guess i'll have to find a harness eh?
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

I'm doin a B6 to BP swap in my 93 mx3, and after searching through the forums was led to believe that it's essentially plug nd play, reusing the harness with the exception of 3 wires.

however, I've run into some oddities and was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

the 93 sohc mx3 harness shuld have 3 dizy wires, mine already has 4. (great cuz the BP uses 4, but still weird)
the sohc should have 4, the bp and b6 dizzy is interchangeable
the throttle sensor harness(i think) has 3 pins, but the BP has 4.
your bp came from an automatic, search on how to rewire, on here or clubprotege.com
and the injector harness has 6 pins, but the BP has 8.
the 2 extra i believe are for the vics solenoid on the bp
what are the extra ones for and where do i string em to?

was hopin someone could give me some insight cuz i'm totally noob'n it up right now, but if not, i'll settle for pinouts. i've searched the forums nd could only find charts for the DOHC B6 and the BP. none for a SOHC.

oh and one last thing. the chilton diagrams show that corresponding sensors lead to different pins between the BP ecu and the B6 ecu. is that just to make it easier to read? or do i really have to rearrange all that junk?
shouldnt have to ive used the bp ecu on the b6 harness many times and they always worked fine
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
crazchino

Post by crazchino »

iight thx a lot.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”