Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS From the depth o abandonment

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Dragon1212 -94 MX-3 Precidia GS From the depth o abandonment

Post by Dragon1212 »

Backstory

Was looking for a car. I currently had a 98 dodge grand caravan in line for my first car. But my auto-wrecker friend Vlad, (I'll post his Calgary auto wrecker name when i remember it) Was not satisfied. He was in a frenzy to find me a car.. A pink ford probe all that was wrong was something rammed into the oil filer and it broke off. the car was parked and the insurance wrote it off. My father paints cars so vlad didn't see a problem. Well yes we can paint it, But I drive on rock roads alot, and any chips will be pink. NO. If you are a pink fan good... I'm not. I Felt sorry for turning him down he looked very hard :( By a stroke of luck he came across the same car as my sisters for $400 at a auction he attended. I was fine with that, having driven my sisters MX-3, I got one. Hence my Blue 94 Precidia GS... Well i was lucky i got it the auction was supposed to get it sold for over $500 but Vlad was the only one to bid on it and the owner needed it gone so the auction guys got told to sell it anyway. :D What i got i never could have imagined.

The Result
A dented, written off, but other wise well taken care of Blue Mazda Precidia. :love: (Uncle runs auto body shop dad paint's I prep, And the frame man pulls it straight. no problem with that) 177024 KM on it. I've Put over 10000 Km on it, since September Driving it everywhere i love it. The Car has Its minor quirks, make sure you are relatively close to the right rpm when down-shifting to 2nd, the syncro is not syncro'd so we have some grinding there, if i do an engine swap i might look into fixing that, until then I have learned where it needs to be.

JVC KD-G340 Radio With a 10" sub. Blown speakers ( previous owner ran stock speakers on too high powered of a stereo) Well this did not do! Went to Vlads Found a Partially stripped Mitsubishi GTO, Had 180 watt speakers. well now their in my MX! The sub had its amp nailed to the back of the case and it took up a lot of room. so I ripped the amp off the sub and Searched for a new place. We took the drivers side rear panel off. Mounted Perfectly between the body and the actual frame. now its out of the way I stood the sub facing the back of my car and now I have trunk space. But IPOD TUNES!! bought the last IPOD attachment for the Radio Best buy had the guy actually didn't believe they had one left! I said your site says you go look. Installed that in the parking lot.

Well i wanted to play games because I'm a computer and video game guy. hello 75 watt inverter, PS2 and a dvd player with inputs. That sucked. it was clear i needed to step it up a notch. 400 watts of POWER!! directly wired to the battery I attached it to the flaps at the rear under the hatch, and ran my House 120V wiring to the battery. Found a $10 Tube Flat-screen TV, and we stepped up the game console We got a PS3 Now. Runs fine until the inverter gets too hot or my idle drops too low, but I in tend to replace the TV which should solve that.

AUGUST 31ST 2010
Dragon1212 wrote:My poor Trunk Cover (Crap its not the headliner sorry)

I cracked it in half by flipping it up then forgetting I Did it an I shut the trunk on it. :shock: :!: However with having my inverter in the back corner its kind of handy to be able to flip half of it open and be able to access it in the car! :| (Of course I'm not doing that I'm driving but the passengers using it can!)

ImageImage
About my amp... Yea it was sitting in a bad place when it was on the back of the sub so here is its new home.
Screwed it in and it doesn't rattle or anything. Plus makes it really hard to steal in any short amount of time. :twisted: If i get hit on the drivers side well.. Then it might be a problem.
AT LEAST I HAVE TRUNK SPACE AGAIN! :lol:

Was looking for a dull knocking sound on the passenger side rear so I had the speaker cover off so i could put my finger on the Rubber to see if my strut was coming up through (it wasn't) anyway my dad stopped and the speaker cover fell down the seat and ripped the wires apart. :( well NO MORE! :twisted:

MY Dusty a-- interior, (since cleaned) :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage

OH FORGOT
Went to get this neon for $50
Well The battery the guy had in it was so dead it wouldn't even power a light bulb for 30 seconds. well I found out my MX-3 saved the day buy Running without the battery, of course with all the extras off. (Radio, amp, neons) So we limped a neon and my MX-3 back home. I touch the brakes and all my gauges lose power for a split second. (MX-3) But we made it. I got lucky with the neon Drives perfectly straight! Let go of the wheel and don't worry! no horrible into the ditch immidately. I went this is too good wheres its problem. I mean i know the guy but $50? thats a little cheap. Electrical... have to ground out the starter and pull the signal cable so that the starter disingauges. Oh and sometimes the Temp goes all the way up and the gas its zero in one bump hit it another and its beck to normal. Other than that it runs perfect. Lol I can Kill it with the MX so easily. Gotta love the powerlessness of 4 cylinders. Maybe I'll figure out a way to put a Tractor blade set on the underside and cut the field with it rather than my 15 hp lawn tractor lol... (nah too much work)

SEPTEMBER 12 2010
Dragon1212 wrote:Got the SVM'S sad to say the Crt is Dead.
Will post a video of them operating soon and pictures of the way I have them hooked up...
How they lookin?

ImageImageImage

I love the Amount of stuff Our cars can carry. THat thing is a 32" Crt televison with its stand. Would have fit flat but was only going like half a mile. Including turns.

MX-3 IN THE ROCKER (MOvie)

OCTOBER 10 2010
Dragon1212 wrote:Went to Vlads to get a driveshaft, only found ones for a 92' so I didn't get these, HOW EVER

BOOM, New headlights... (installed already in pics) They are awesome.
got them out of a 92, that was smashed on the fender4 and it just missed the light leaving them untouched!!!

Also got my Vibram Fivefingers in the morning. They are pure awesome as well, but off topic.

And I have one more bit of news... SCRATCHES :crying: I backed into the garage at a angle and because my garage is on welfare there is no lights and I Hit my dad's Challenger.. I'm throughly disappointed with myself For both cars sake.

NOVEMBER 17 2010
Dragon1212 wrote:My newest Upgrade, some white rough S*** that seems to be so popular on just about every other damn car

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Some damn counter took up the space where my car fits in the garage! :crying: I should get that thing out of there and my car back in there it already doesn't have a block heater, (was registerd in calgary who ever the hell owned it before must have had a heated garage or never drove it lol.) now my battery can't be dead or my car doesn't start...

JANUARY 12 2011
Dragon1212 wrote:
MrMazda92 wrote:
Dragon1212 wrote:And I have one more bit of news... SCRATCHES :crying: I backed into the garage at a angle and because my garage is on welfare there is no lights and I Hit my dad's Challenger.. I'm throughly disappointed with myself For both cars sake.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The fact that you were alive to post this says you've got a forgiving dad.

I'd bury somebody if they did that to my MX-3... Let alone a Challenger/Charger... I'd bury them... alive?
Yea...i wasn't impressed with myself.. But my family is in the auto repair buisness so its not horrble lol.. Cleaned some the rest of the oaint off the challenger that my car left behind a polished it the scratches have to be looked for very closely....

JANUARY 26 2011
Dragon1212 wrote:Well an update of small proportions!

Blew my first tire today so i ended up changing the rear to back to my 15" five spokes and moving one of the 14's to the front as my drivers side front deflated on me just out of chestemere and I got to drive home on a donut! oh fun!

Anyway my bad tires horrible vibration got rid of my thumping issue on my front wheel any ideas why? were thinking that the grease in my cv joint was old and lumped up and the vibrations from those tires broke it apart.

Well those around calgary know its warm outside so the roads have cleared up. was out at one Screwing around while going home from the hospital (for my aunt not me im fine) i'm lucky that tire didn't blow on me there.... Thankful actually. Changing a Tire at 1:30 in the mornings got to suck.

Still addicted to my five fingers shoes. IF your willing to try them and read up on how to walk properly barefoot give em a try they are the best shoes ever!

Final bit I made my pc Run Macintosh OSX 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard) so thats working great...

Have a good one!

MARCH 29TH 2011
Dragon1212 wrote:Well my car wouldn't start again.... (Flooded on first Key turn)

Well my spark plugs were 3 milimeters between the post and the bar over top of it (Name? Anybody?) SO bought some new ones, Holy s---! starts good, and goes better to lawl....
Champion Platinum Cored Plugs 2 for $8... was good investment lol.

Took out my air filter, cant even see light through it.... No Coloured glow at all, We blew it out a little and now the car starts much better, buying a new one tomorrow. I'll Post pick When i change the filter and if i find my old plugs lol,.
JUNE 06 2011
Dragon1212 wrote::2thumbsup: Well I have some spring updates... What new Right? Two forms of New. actually 3. There's off topic as well. I will spoil them for some interaction! (EDIT:if this site had spoilers)

Sorry some of the pictures are so dark they are very large assuming imageshack didn't shrink them. They will be thumbnails as usual
Good News And Addons!
Well I will write this first as I have been able to he looking up. till now (off topic section to see why)

I have fixed my drivers side neon asit was kinda off to the one side far too much. and after it fell off from too much heat it was in my line of sight which made it dangerous. So I fixed it.
ImageImage

And I reattached the other side as a friend managed to rip it down.

Now On to the Trunk!
Added Some Neon! Because the stock light isn't very bright and Kind of one sided.
ImageImageImageImage
The Stock Light
The neon
ImageImageImageImage
The neon's wiring.
ImageImage
Paid $23 of $29 for the neon with Canadian tire money. They were pissed.It TURNS OFF with the trunk lid closing when wired here because this light shuts off. Handy!
Well I was cleaning. (which needs to be done again) and tore all my sunvisors wiring out by accident. :crying: But I fixed ItImageImage
The gap in the switches was caused because there was a switch for it before those 2 that was bigger. the top is the sunvisor toggle and I'm gonna wire the other to start the inverter.

I decided that, I was tired of unpluging my neon every time I needed The lighter socket so!
ImageImage
this lies behind the panel that has the stock lighter I need another so I can plug my GPS cord in and not see it either!

... Sad!
Well guys. I need 4 struts, a cv axle and maybe a joint. Then on top of that I need 2 tires. and having no income because school is occupying my time... a Job is hard to go get if I never can show up right?
So I'm kind of screwed. I'm Just hoping it can hold on till school ends.

and Random.
Now good news I found something that I truly do enjoy... Airsoft unfortunately for me to get into it I need to gain about a grand. because the good Stuff is upwards of $100 for gear and the gun in am looking at is $630 for gun, 1 high cap mag, battery and auto-cutoff charger. Then extra mags are $20 other a chest rig is $120, Then Ballistic rated Goggles $50 and mesh mask (for teeth retainment)! $30 Mag pouches that attach to BDU $30 each. I can live without the $30 gunsling for now. And I do like sneaking around a bush and a decent Ghillie is $155!
So, Just because I need to do this
$630 + $100 + ($20 *2) + $155 +$30 + $30 + $50= $1035!
and I need. For the blue one
(4*$120) + $95 + $40 =$ 615
Struts are the $120 guessing on the other 2.
I need $1650!

Actually... It Feels somewhat better knowing that... Because Thats not as bad as I thought It would be! :2thumbsup:

Thanks For reading this! Because I know one of you did! :laugh:

This didn't wanna start and the kick is worthless so it run and start only. But we got tired of running the old gas out. So we towed it behind the blue one Till the thing started Lol!
ImageImage

And I finally turned over the 200g Kms now
All This was written in handwriting for you to read! On a Hp Pavilion TX 2000! So enjoy its physically writtenness! It was physically written not Typed!

OCTOBER 18 2012.
Dragon1212 wrote:Well Guys I have Since Sound Proofed My entire Interior of my Car with PACKING FOAM!!!! Good old foam, IT actually works suprisingly well Especially Since Its essentially just Laid Under the panels, Though the Whole Trunk area got about 3 Levels of it, And Its Really Nice. I spent the Weekend Getting a Certain Beat up Mx-3 and drove it Back from sask, Surprisingly on one Tank of Gas and a little, (gauge is still at full). And needless to say I got Back, Got in my baby, and Fell in love all over again, because the comparison wasn't even close, LOUD a-- 2.5 inch exhaust.. Well I would post if imageshack were working properly in the forgot password box.....

SO heres the cars Current Worklog, and I will soon start another For my Projects on it.
MX-3 #2

It Needs And I Use this Lightly HEAVY WORK TO THE ENTIRE CAR! Except! the Drivetrain Cole did a beautiful Job on that and it Ran Without a Hitch all the way home and was Smooth, the CLutch needs some adjustment as the grab area is literally half an inch from the end of the pedal and the Starter connections spark when it Starts causing the selinoid to overheat so I will be fighting with that probably Friday, and the Speedometer Cables/sensor/gauge/etc/Who the F*** knows needs looking at.

This Mx-3 is my first foray into the KL-ZE world, and i have to say i am impressed with it so far, fuel economy isnt bad at all and the power is astonishing, Once I get this Baby Running even Smoother and Be awesome to drive Daily, I will see about beating this cars Power in my 2 Stroke Mx-3 (Pun Intended)(2 gas fills = 1-1.5 quarts of oil)
What am I considering.(Serious List)
1. Strut Replacement
2. CV axle Replacement
3. Body Kit. (BC2 Front, and maybe sides)
4. Maybe smoking the tail lights,
5. NON-KLZE Engine swap. (Little Gain for the amount of work, not to mention just as old, looking for something more powered)

What am I considering (Small Stuff)
Put a collapsible Bed In the car so I can Camp out in it :lol: When Meet My Friends at MacGregor lake (ETC.)
Tow hitch to tow my 2 seater Jet Ski to the same lake and others (ON THE HUNT)

What am I going to do.(Simple List)

What am I going to do.(Postponed List)
Clean Grounds (get rid of snow first)

What I am Doing.
Crusing around Blairing some Music off my IPOD!

What has been done?
Sun Visor Monitors
Fix Sun Visor Falling Issue
Neon, (lights not the car I retrieved with this one.)
Trunk Neon's
Hidden the Inverter's battery cables
Replace the Muffler (Thank God. To put it in perspective, When i Cut it off, the car wasn't much Louder than when it was on. and wow was my old one plugged! I now know why my car was lacking in the go power, IT COULDN'T BREATH OUT!)
Fowljesse's Short Throw Shift Knob! (I did mine, thanks to him for the idea!)

Looking for Stock Radio to put in my sisters Orange '92 MX-3 Precidia GS it has the matching Cd deck already, will sound way better than the thing she has now. Not to mention fit better.

Sister's CLICKABLE FULL SIZE GOODNESS
ImageImage

IMAGES!!!! CLICKABLE FULL SIZE GOODNESS
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PS3 Cranking with the crappy a** DVD player. Now it runs on a Sun Visor DVD Players :D .
Yea, I love This pic already, Too bad it was only with a phone
MY Amp is the box at the rear, and Yes that is a TV, PLugged into the inverter.
Next To My dad's Challenger in the Garage
Inverter, (looks HORRIBLE)

Installed Interior Neon (Crappy camera...)

Sun Visor Moniters
http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/2649/file14622e.mp4

FIXED List:
Spark Plug Not firing until car warms up or is given throttle. (Possible distributor Crack? Got Zapped while I was pushing on the Cables to make sure they were in.)New Spark plugs and this stopped.
LOUD a-- MUFFLER! FIXED!!!! I CAN HEAR MYSELF AT 2500 RPM!!

ISSUE List:
Bumping on right turn with throttle. (CV axle is most likely the culprit)
Sometimes a wheel clicks... on rolling (CV Joint?)
Syncro Gears FOr 2nd Grind on downshift.
2 struts are dead 1 front and 1 rear
DAMN SQUEAKY STRUT
Last edited by Dragon1212 on September 22nd, 2014, 3:46 am, edited 52 times in total.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: Dragon1212 - 94 MX-3 Precidia GS

Post by mikeinaus »

sounds good but you might want to upgrade to a higher power alternator if you plan on running so many electronics in the car.

let us know how the electric super charger goes. alot of people here think its too much of a waste of time/money to try it, so itd be nice to see if it actually works.
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

IlS is $30 if it doesn't work i'll have a kick a-- fan for my desk yea my alt might need to be better but seing as the inverter only runs when others are in my car it should be fine for the time being...
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Dragon1212 wrote:IlS is $30 if it doesn't work i'll have a kick a-- fan for my desk yea my alt might need to be better but seing as the inverter only runs when others are in my car it should be fine for the time being...
Well so long as know deep down this will fail :lol:

If these worked, I'd buy 6, and stick them onto ITBs :D Pity they don't.

Welcome to the the club, have fun and good luck. Putting a 2.5 KL is a very convenient upgrade, I thoroughly recommend it.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

marcdh wrote:
Dragon1212 wrote:IlS is $30 if it doesn't work i'll have a kick a-- fan for my desk yea my alt might need to be better but seing as the inverter only runs when others are in my car it should be fine for the time being...
Well so long as know deep down this will fail :lol:

If these worked, I'd buy 6, and stick them onto ITBs :D Pity they don't.

Welcome to the the club, have fun and good luck. Putting a 2.5 KL is a very convenient upgrade, I thoroughly recommend it.
whatfan did you try if it was too low on cfms it would do anything the car would normally suck more that the fan gives. i believe 250 will be more than enough
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
EggyRollz

Post by EggyRollz »

Also if you have grinding tranny upgrade to the MX-6 manual transmission =) you will be happy with it. I am =D
94 Tahoe Sport SS - 454 =)
93 3KGT VR4 - K&N Filter.Proxes 4 Tires. Drilled/Slotted Rotors.
97 Tahoe - Grill gaurd.Oversized Tires.Custom liners.Bored & matched pistons.E-cam.Leather.Remote start.TCC upgrade.+Sunshell.10K tow package.Knifed TB.Flowtech Huggers.Straight pipes.Hypertech chip.B&M Trans Controller, Front diff & T-case plates.
Feedback-viewtopic.php?f=37&t=74259
For Sale-viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74832
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Man.. Your fan idea won't work, sorry to burst your bubble. Any unmetered air after the VAF or MAF will cause the motor to run like crap. It just won't work.
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

solo_ryder wrote:Man.. Your fan idea won't work, sorry to burst your bubble. Any unmetered air after the VAF or MAF will cause the motor to run like crap. It just won't work.
I agree that it's pointless... but it doesn't have to be after the sensor. And even if it was it wouldn't matter, because the air is still being drawn in through the sensor, it's not magically being created after the sensor...
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

PICTURES!! MORE in the next few days.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

welcome to the forums!

good to see another member from calgary! (even though i'm in edmonton right now)

what color did you paint your MX? it looks great!

which shop does your uncle own? wouldn't be able to get fellow members a discount on paint jobs would?

(unrelated question) your uncle wouldn't happen to be looking for a apprentice would he? i'm looking to get into the career and go to SAIT for schooling also
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Lol thats the stock paint colour just repainted it. Maaco Autopaint and bodyworks North East. its on 30th avenue I don't know about discounts tho as for apprenticeship he run the place and deals with the customers doesn't do anything other really. Though he does know how. Oh and im from strathmore
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Wow that looks really sharp man, stock color FTW.
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Yea, it has 4 bottles of that sparkle crap, $90 each lol.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

where do you live man? you should hook me up with a paint job :lol:
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Hook me up with a KLZE lol.... My dad says he'd paint your car for that lol.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”