what other radiators are compatible with the V6 MX3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
edger0587
antispam: No

what other radiators are compatible with the V6 MX3

Post by edger0587 »

Hello. I need a bit of help. My car's radiator developed a bit of a leak, and I need to replace it (especially with outside temperatures of 100F+). However, I am a bit low in cash, and I need to buy it at a junk yard. But there are no V6 mx3s from what I saw last I visited. Ihave heard that the radiator from the V6 626, V6 929, and the V6 probe fit and have the right ports. is this true. After my accident, my dad coldn't find the right one, so he modified another radiator a bit to make it work. It served its purpose, but I want it to go back to how it was, and this means I also have to find a compatible fan (with the tank as well). are these from the cars I mentioned also compatible? or do I have to wait and order online. Thanks much in advance
Elegant Beige 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS. CAI, Short throw shifter, 16" miata rims
1992 Mazda miata. Classic red, stock everything
RIP 1994 Mazda mx-3 RS

"Cats make terrible doctors"
Pritchett
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: what other radiators are compatible with the V6 MX3

Post by Pritchett »

I just removed one from my parts car...rad,fan, and bottle overflow. make an offer

then again it might leak as the coolant was empty, although that could have been the water pump..I'll double check
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

In case that Pritchet's rad is no good, just drop an egg in yours (only the white). It'll last long enough for you to get the money for a new one.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

make sure you get one with metal sides. the stock rad has plastic sides which is garbage...
edger0587

Post by edger0587 »

Well, I had upgraded to a really good all metal radiator just 3 months prior to having my accident, and so that went. so nothing else is compatible huh? BTW, how much do you want for it, and how much would shipping be?
Elegant Beige 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS. CAI, Short throw shifter, 16" miata rims
1992 Mazda miata. Classic red, stock everything
RIP 1994 Mazda mx-3 RS

"Cats make terrible doctors"
cout

Post by cout »

I went on a hunt for a while for a radiator that would fit and came up empty. In the end I went with an Mx6 radiator. I think the Probe radiator also fits; at least, everything's in the right place. We bought one as a spare for our next race just in case.

I wouldn't worry too much about the plastic endtanks; they break easily but the radiator is also easily replaced. For the price of a good all-aluminum radiator you could buy 6 junkyard radiators.

(I do love my Fluidyne in my rx7, but a wankel is much riskier to overheat)
1993 MX3 KLDE (formerly KLZE) 5spd LeMons car
KLZE 24 Hours of Lemons worklog
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

cout wrote: I wouldn't worry too much about the plastic endtanks; they break easily but the radiator is also easily replaced. For the price of a good all-aluminum radiator you could buy 6 junkyard radiators.
I disagree. Plastic end tanks are a piece of sh!t, and you will find that "easily replaced" means very little if your radiator breaks in the middle of nowhere.

Edger: the only car that has the same radiator as the GS is the RS. No other car has it. Sorry.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”