German tail lamps

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

German tail lamps

Post by SteeleMX3 »

So I've come across some German tail lamps with the double fog lights, and I really want them, but I'm not sure if it's a direct plug n' play. Lookin for some input here.... *cough* Mooneggs *cough*
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: German tail lamps

Post by Mooneggs »

*throws some cough medicine at SteeleMX3*

the answer is yes and yes I saw the deal and that seems like a decent price 8) I was curious if he actually acquired 2 separate sets (RHD and LHD) and they are true dual fogs otherwise I believe one side will be slightly brighter than the other... of course I am super picky about this particular project so you might not care :roll:

To get the foglights to work you would need to wire them to a separate switch of course... but the harness and fitment are the same as all other mx-3 taillights.
Lori Carlyle

Post by Lori Carlyle »

I have 1 set of Presso (of the old car)
1 set of Presso (Fitted) - Shocked to find it had twin fog lights.

Imported 1 set of German rear lights (before I fixed the fitted lights), one side has a metal cover plate over the fog (Can't remember what one as I'm at work) but will find out for ya when I get home.

The Eunos lights are the style of the ( ) shaped lights not he squared off ones.
(not sure what style the german ones are)
Owner of the UK MX3 site.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

so the presso lights that wraparound the reverse light/reflector sound like the same as NA spec. These housings were never meant for rear fog lights since the light is not contained... hence why german spec have the partitions that make the light square.

If a set of mx-3 taillights was meant to have rear fog lights, one of the sides WILL be blocked off with a metal plate. This is what I was referring to when I mentioned I had had combined a set of RHD with a set of LHD. I was left with one set that has 2 rear foglights and one set that has 2 metal blocked spaces.
Lori Carlyle

Post by Lori Carlyle »

Ah, Understand a little better now..

So the German set will have the squared off "look" and already has one fog light, to get the 2nd just remove the metal blanking plate & wire it up?

Maybe I do need them afterall :)
Owner of the UK MX3 site.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

If you remove the metal blanking plate, that fog light will not be as bright as the other side since it doesnt have the extra reflecting piece inside... hence the reason I mix and match...

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”