coolant sensor

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ramsen25

coolant sensor

Post by ramsen25 »

hey guys i got a 1994 ze with a chipped ecu and im pulling a coolant temperature sensor code im goin to buy the sensor but do i get the sensor for a 1.8 or a 2.5
solo_ryder

Re: coolant sensor

Post by solo_ryder »

ramsen25 wrote:hey guys i got a 1994 ze with a chipped ecu and im pulling a coolant temperature sensor code im goin to buy the sensor but do i get the sensor for a 1.8 or a 2.5
Shouldnt matter. But you have a 2.5L so get the 2.5L one. Go to the wreckers.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

They are the same.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

Kk kool thank you
davmac

Post by davmac »

Beware. 3 temp senders. 2 (both 2 wire) can throw a diag code. Green 2 wire is used to control idle, black or gray 2 wire is used to control radiator fan. Both of these are monitored by the ECU diagnostics. The 3rd temp sender is 1 wire and connects to the instrument cluster. All 3 temp senders are mounted near the coolant fill neck at the front of the engine.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

solo_ryder wrote:
ramsen25 wrote:hey guys i got a 1994 ze with a chipped ecu and im pulling a coolant temperature sensor code im goin to buy the sensor but do i get the sensor for a 1.8 or a 2.5
Ok not to argue or anything but I'm of the believe you buy in accordance to your ECU. If your running a 1.8 ECU then buy 1.8 parts. Does this make any sense? Kinda like you have to use the disty appropriate to your model year,,,sort of. In saying this I'm not talking about exhaust or intake manifold gaskets or stuff like that, like D-uh. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Daninski wrote:
solo_ryder wrote:
Ok not to argue or anything but I'm of the believe you buy in accordance to your ECU. If your running a 1.8 ECU then buy 1.8 parts. Does this make any sense? Kinda like you have to use the disty appropriate to your model year,,,sort of. In saying this I'm not talking about exhaust or intake manifold gaskets or stuff like that, like D-uh. :D
No, it depends on what it is. In the case of coolant sensors (or any sensors on the K engines for that matter) they are all the same.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:No, it depends on what it is. In the case of coolant sensors (or any sensors on the K engines for that matter) they are all the same.
Indeed
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:No, it depends on what it is. In the case of coolant sensors (or any sensors on the K engines for that matter) they are all the same.
Indeed
That's all well and good and I don't think we needed to beat that one to death. I was talking about any year/ECU specific part. Can't remember and I'm too lazy to look but what about the knock sensors?
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Indeed
That's all well and good and I don't think we needed to beat that one to death. I was talking about any year/ECU specific part. Can't remember and I'm too lazy to look but what about the knock sensors?
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”