need some help.. (misc)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3_aruba

Re: need some help.. (misc)

Post by mx3_aruba »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Hey buddy, no one wants people like you on this forum so either change your attutide or f*ck off!
BUDDY, just go back a couple of posts, and see who started all this nonesense. you come with a stupid reply on something tha'ts not even relevant. and now you're telling me, i'm the one who needs to change my attitude?..

hope to get some HELPFULL replies and suggestions from now on..
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

My reply was stupid as it was referring to your stupidity, as the quote proves.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
davmac

Post by davmac »

Burnt or bad valves can be checked by performing a compression test. There are plenty of write ups on how to do this - and directions would probably come with a compression test kit which shouldn't be too expensive.

Really I prefer you start with the simple tune up stuff first. Spark plugs, plug wires, rotor and distributor cap. All these should be either pretty new or replaced before you dig further.

I'm not quite sure how this thread degraded as it has. I think the OP deserves a bit more understanding. English is probably one of several languages he speaks and writes.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
mx3_aruba

Post by mx3_aruba »

yeah, there's gonna be a big drag race event this weekend here on the island. i got a couple of friends who have race cars, and i'm sure thet have the pressure test plug/gauge. so i'll be able to borrow it to do the test.

sparg plugs are brand new, correctly gapped. plug wires are new, and the desty is also new.

i'm also leaning on a bad FPR. i got another one on the DE, but that one looks very banged up, so i'll see if i can find another one in very good condition.

i think this weekend i'll be doing most of these checks/tests and i'll keep you posted.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”