JDM Front indicators + REAR Light -> How do they look like?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
djArias
antispam: No

JDM Front indicators + REAR Light -> How do they look like?

Post by djArias »

I'm Trying to give my mx-3 a bit of JDM look so I ordered AMBER front indicators -> The problem that I have is that I dunno how to plug them to keep the ori. JDM style.
In USDM style the lamp is orange (or amber) and small "part" od the front lamp is blinded and the big one works as both indicator and sidelight,
in Euro style the lamp is "clear" small part is the sidelight and the big one is indicator
In JDM style the orange (amber) lamp has got two holes in it -> SO is it the same as in EURO version only the color changes, or maybe It's like in USDM version - any ideas?
best regards.
Last edited by djArias on August 16th, 2010, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
b6BF 116hP@6431RPM ;>
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: JDM Front indicators -> How do they look like?

Post by Mooneggs »

the JDM front indicators are identical to the USDM (all amber), except the second smaller hole is cut out and has a marker light in it (doesn't blink and comes on with the parking lamps). So yes if you already have the Euro setup you can plug them in the same way the Euro ones were and they will work correctly.

I'm guessing you are located in Europe?
djArias

Re: JDM Front indicators -> How do they look like?

Post by djArias »

Yes but because they were the only ones available I got the USDM indicators -> SO I'll have to cut out the holes for marker lights... At first I'll do the 100% JDM Style and if I dont like it I'll do a mixture od JDM/USDM -> I'll plug both bulbs as marker lights and both of them will blink :)
b6BF 116hP@6431RPM ;>
djArias

Re: JDM Front indicators + REAR Light -> How do they look li

Post by djArias »

I'm changing my rear lights from Euro Spec to the proper JDM one - and I have few quesions - I prepared a small picture with numbers of the bulbs:

So far I figured that when I turn on lights then bulbs number 1,2,3,4 should start glowing - current 5W..
When I press the brake bulbs no. 1 & 4 start glowig -> 21W -> 2 & 3 remain 5W ?
When I turn Fog Light on bulb no. 2 turns on -> 21W the rest remains 5w?

Am I right or Am i Missing something?
b6BF 116hP@6431RPM ;>
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: JDM Front indicators + REAR Light -> How do they look li

Post by Mooneggs »

yes, those are working exactly as expected.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”