need help bad only vehicle i have to drive speedo problem

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
hardluck
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

need help bad only vehicle i have to drive speedo problem

Post by hardluck »

hey guys thanks for the help other times but this time
i have a 92 mx3 with the sohc 1.6l and this morning the speedo just completely stopped working. and i have never had any problems with it at all till this and im not sure whether it is cable or sensor that may of went out and i work at a orielly's in oklahoma and i dont show s--- on the computers at work so ya kinda sucks cant even get the parts to fix it at work need suggestions asap please thanks you all for the help though
Newfie_dan

Re: need help bad only vehicle i have to drive speedo probl

Post by Newfie_dan »

most likely cable, jack the car up, put it on jack stands start the car have someone put it in gear while you look into the sensor if its working like it should then you should see it turn. To check the cable just a stick the end that rotates in the sensor into a drill and with the key on watch the speedo you should see some speed register if the cable is good.
hardluck
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: need help bad only vehicle i have to drive speedo probl

Post by hardluck »

i took it all apart and the cable is broke in the middle does anyone have a new or used good cable laying around and now my ignition switch is out im really starting to not like this car it keeps breaking and you cant hardly find parts for it in my area for nothing

Return to “Transmissions”