KLZE, what ECU to run?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Quiksilver804
antispam: No

KLZE, what ECU to run?

Post by Quiksilver804 »

I just picked up this car a couple days ago in non running condition, it has over 200k miles so i figure instead of tearing it down a motor swap would be the better choice. So a KLZE would be the best bang for my buck from what i have seen and i have read quite a while on how to make it fit and which sensors stay and go. But i have not seen a diffenitive answer on what ecu to run?

Thanks for the Help

Stephen
solo_ryder

Re: KLZE, what ECU to run?

Post by solo_ryder »

MX3-4U2NV

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

solo_ryder wrote:Please use the search.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=74011
QFT
Quiksilver804

Post by Quiksilver804 »

solo_ryder wrote:Please use the search.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=74011
i actually found that thread but no one agreed so i wasnt sure if that was the agreed upon opinion, also read that the probintor chip was causing some people to run rich in another thread. I know this info has been around for quite awhile and i think that might be why it seems harder to search for.

So could i run the KLZE with my ECU unchipped, and worry about the right chip later?

Thanks
Stephen
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Probinator is the best option we have.

Yes, you can run a unchipped ecu, however I recommend that you run a KLDE setup. Which is a KL01 ecu and KL02 airflow sensor... Or any another OBDI KLDE ecu from a Mazda 626, mx6 or ford probe GT (KL07, KL48 etc). This way you can get your car running correctly and send your ECU off to be chipped
Quiksilver804

Post by Quiksilver804 »

solo_ryder wrote:Probinator is the best option we have.

Yes, you can run a unchipped ecu, however I recommend that you run a KLDE setup. Which is a KL01 ecu and KL02 airflow sensor... Or any another OBDI KLDE ecu from a Mazda 626, mx6 or ford probe GT (KL07, KL48 etc). This way you can get your car running correctly and send your ECU off to be chipped
Ur running a chipped mx3 ecu, correct? So if I chip my ecu, do I need a different airflow sensor?
I'm still trying to grasp all the info that is on this site, and I thank u for all your help

Stephen
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

The probinators not bad, but a bit wasteful. Yes you can just chip your k8 ecu, providing it matches the numbers shown on probinators car domain site. You also can use the k8 VAF which you already have.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
atomic froster

Post by atomic froster »

i had my klze in for about a year running ok until one day it started stalling and sputtering, so i took it to two different shops and they couldn't figure out anything. so i went and got a probinator chipped ecu put it in and it runs like a brandnew car off the lot.... hooked on crack, i love the great throttle response and and it finally idles right aroung 650. before it would idle at 1100-1200 :S . get the ecu chipped for sure. u may just need to keep on top of probinator with emails or it may take awhile. (big props to solo_ryder for all his help)
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

atomic froster wrote:i had my klze in for about a year running ok until one day it started stalling and sputtering, so i took it to two different shops and they couldn't figure out anything. so i went and got a probinator chipped ecu put it in and it runs like a brandnew car off the lot.... hooked on crack, i love the great throttle response and and it finally idles right aroung 650. before it would idle at 1100-1200 :S . get the ecu chipped for sure. u may just need to keep on top of probinator with emails or it may take awhile. (big props to solo_ryder for all his help)
Your welcome Brian, glad that fixed the issue! Hope you are coming out to the meet this year in K-Town
Quiksilver804

Post by Quiksilver804 »

Thanks for all the info

Stephen
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

The serial number in your ECU needs to match what Ryan posts (probinator) but also the top circuit board needs to be the one that's shorter than the bottom circuit board in your ECU in order to be chipable.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”