[FS] 95 Blaze Red MX

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
magiccowinuse

[FS] 95 Blaze Red MX

Post by magiccowinuse »

Sad to say but I think it is time. Looking to sell My 95 MX-3.

Story behind the situation:
About 3 years ago (to make a long story short) it rained alot, couldn't miss a somewhat large gathering of water. Needless to say, hydro-locked the engine. The crank was bent, the connecting rods were warped, cylinder walls almost guaranteed damaged. So with my lack of tools and knowledge (trying to gain some) took that engine out of this pristine car. I'm a Big fan of everything about the MX-3 and didn't want to let it go. So, I did some research asked some fellow mxers on this site for some help. I found an engine (1.8L B6) from a Miata that had been totaled (rear end demolished, front end perfect). Pulled that and took it home. A fellow mxer pointed me to a friend who would build the engine for me. He had the engine for over a year, for whatever reason, all that got done was the block and head got machined. Now I am stuck, 3 years later, with an engineless car in my parents drive (covered) and they want it gone. And, a table full of parts that I could probably put back together but not sure how to fine tune anything, nor have the tools to do so.

And that brings me here, to sell it all. It has become too much of a money thing. I am trying to get back to flight school (very expensive) while falling behind on loans so I cannot keep dumping money into this car. Very sad and I have pushed this off (selling) for quite a long time hoping I will catch a break and be able to fix her up.

The car: (Located West Chicago, IL)

As you can tell she has been sitting a while, and still has a few loose ends (such as the bumber, pass. door panel) which I will tighten up before letting it go. BUT HAS BEEN COVERED, so she still looks great. I always waxed it at least once a week. 2 white scuffs that can be buffed out on the pass. side from when I had it uncovered working on it and my parents scuffed it. There is obviously a little discoloration of the rear bumper, but the color comes back with a good wax job.

Everything stock and original except the head unit and shifter.

Carpet is in GREAT condition as you will see in the next picture, there is a lot of loose grass in this picture. I will be giving this car a good vacuum over the weekend. The center console is broken, but I do have a new hinge for it, just no latch.

One small tear in the pass. rear seat is the only issue with any of the seating. This picture really doesn't do a great job showing how good the carpet is either.

No scratches on any plastic in the trunk. Original cover for the trunk space.

And the catastrophe:

As I said I will clean her up a bit this weekend before letting go.

I am looking to get rid of the engine I have, WITH the car. I would rather just get one lump sum instead of dealing with selling specific parts. For the sake of space and load time. Engine pix will be links: (Located Lisle, IL)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s103 ... G_1741.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s103 ... G_1740.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
New bearings on the table for connecting rod to crank. Evergreen gasket sets.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s103 ... G_1742.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pistons are Forged JE
Bore 3.307
Stroke 3.346
Rod length 5.234
Comp Height 1.205

Alone they are $600

I am looking for a minimum of $2000 For EVERYTHING
Any further questions please PM me and I will give you my phone number I can tell you anything you would like to know. I can also take further engine pix, but further pix of the car may take a day or two I have to drive to my parents.

Like I said, it is a crazy situation (scattered mess of parts) it has become an overwhelming project, maybe someone else out there can complete it, or otherwise.
1994 1.6L White MX-3 - Daily Driver
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
Savin

Re: [FS] 95 Blaze Red MX

Post by Savin »

Well, I'm interested in the shell (with the trans), but I have to sell my mustang first.
Once it sells, and if you still have this car, I'll probably take it if you'll separate the motor and bits from the rest.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

I may end up doing that if it Comes down to it. But I did forget to mention my current mx trans took a dump and blew a hole in it. So I took the trans from this car to put in the other one that is the only part I don't have.
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

*bump*

Offers?
1995 Red MX-3 -Project

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”