Anyone swap a 97+ Kia Sephia Engine?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
zreon

Anyone swap a 97+ Kia Sephia Engine?

Post by zreon »

Has anyone swapped a engine from a newer Kia Sephia (97-01?) in a mx-3? I have found a few threads that say it should work because it is just a slightly modified BP. If it is going to be too big of a headache I can still take it back and swap it for a 93 protege engine. I would like to keep this engine if possibly though because if what I am reading is true, it is a little bit stronger then previous BP's and is also distributorless. The engine code is k247 for reference.

I would really like to know before this weekend, because if I am going to swap it out for the protege engine, then I need to do it saturday.

Thanks everyone!
Limegreen mx-3

Re: Anyone swap a 97+ Kia Sephia Engine?

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

It should work is not true/yes answer. Its a guess and assumption unless the treads u read it from so proof's otherwise..

I would take it back and get the 93 protege engine. Besides the bolt pattern that mates the 2nd gen kia engine to a genuine mazda trans would not bolt up. Found that out when i tired to use the 2nd gen kia trans on a mazda bp engine. Had to swap out bell housing a headache to begin with i got it done but not worth the trouble. You are talking about the 2nd gen kia engine and not the 1st gen kia engine.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”