[FS] Dual touchscreen setup for CarPC

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
reegler

[FS] Dual touchscreen setup for CarPC

Post by reegler »

Hey Everyone,

I have a dual screen setup for the MX-3. I sold my MX3 back in January and didn't sell the screens with the car.

The top screen is built into upper vents/AC switch. It's a MIMO UM-720 USB computer screen. I added a touchscreen plate to it. I rewired the power switch and brightness switches so you can control them through other buttons.

The bottom screen is a Lilliput Eby-701 VGA touchscreen monitor.

These need to be hooked up to either a Car Computer or Laptop! I can help you with that stuff if you need.

I'm posting them here before I put them on eBay. Shoot me an offer and we'll go from there!

Thanks,

Tim
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: [FS] Dual touchscreen setup for CarPC

Post by fowljesse »

I'm interested in the bottom one, and housing, but I have no idea what it's worth.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
reegler

Post by reegler »

I would REALLY like to keep them together because they just go so well together. Both screens were about $200 each (not including labor and materials to fiberglass the screens) but I'm not looking to make money off them. I'll take both for $300 + shipping.
reegler

Post by reegler »

Forgot to mention that the bottom screen has a DVD RW slot load drive built in.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I saw that. Nice work. I can't afford both of them, so let me know if you decide to seperate them. If I could afford to, I'd buy them both, and eventually sell the other one. Do you happen to know how much it would cost for a simple CarPC that could run MegaSquirt?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
reegler

Post by reegler »

Not sure what the hardware requirements of MegaSquirt is. I'm assuming it needs either a serial port or USB. Typically a Mini-ITX mobo will do the job fine, if you want something smaller you can go with a nano-ITX board or even Pico-ITX but the smaller the more $$$. A lot of people just use a netbook for CarPC's.

You can look at my new carPC for my current PC if that helps: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/worklog ... build.html

I would really like to keep them together but I might do it if no one else is interested.

Thanks
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Wow that is impressive work! First time seeing something like that for the MX-3, good job!
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

Post by SteeleMX3 »

aahh I still want these :lol:
I would totally do it right now if funds were willing...
wait a few weeks and I'll take em both! :)
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That's good work, again!
I know Jack Bupkis about computers. All I know is that it needs to be able to run Windows 95, or better. I'm sure that the faster it proceses, the better. I was thinking about keeping the laptop under the seat, and running the wires under the carpet to a screen, unless I can afford a CarPC.
reegler

Post by reegler »

Thanks everyone! If anyone is interested just let me know! I know SteeleMX3 has been interested for a while but I really need to let these go as soon as I can.
reegler

Post by reegler »

Hey everyone,

The screens are just collecting dust so I want to give them to someone who can use them. First $200 + shipping offer takes them. I paid well over $400 for supplies and screens not including the hours of labor involved in fiberglassing them.

PM me with any questions

- Tim
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Really nice work on the 3. However your last post on there was in April- update it. I want to see it in all its glory.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
reegler

Post by reegler »

The CarPC in the 3 is taking a break. I decided I need to simplify it a bit. I was getting too many ideas about automation with the Fusion Brain and all of its possibilities. I also want to wait until I get every kink worked out before I install it for good.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”