2012 Mazda RX-7

A forum to discuss Future Mazda Models. Please keep the posts in this forumto Mazda models ONLY. Not other manufacturers models.
ice_mann
antispam: No

2012 Mazda RX-7

Post by ice_mann »

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks. ... a-rx74.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
95 MX3 GSZE- Silver, TWM STS, suspension techniques lowering springs, moroe struts, bronze-oil shifter bushings, leather MS shift knob, strut bars(Fleabay), ss headers, spec stage 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel , outlaw spacers, MS motor mounts , custom ss door sills, spyder projectors

WTB
coilovers
Megasquirt(dont know which one yet)
Slim Fans
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: 2012 Mazda RX-7

Post by Sleeper6 »

If anything that would probably be an rx8, I doubt mazda would rerelease the rx7 after already using the rx8 as its replacement. And besides I doubt they could support 2 rotorary platforms, its just not a suitable engine for the everyday customer.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
ice_mann

Post by ice_mann »

I've read on more than one source that Mazda "might" be replacing the rx-8 with the 2012 rx-7. Rather than calling it the rx-9 they wanted to use the rx-7 name as kind of a throwback.

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1041 ... -test-mule" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/m ... 57405.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2012- ... 14878.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-cars ... mazda-rx-7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
95 MX3 GSZE- Silver, TWM STS, suspension techniques lowering springs, moroe struts, bronze-oil shifter bushings, leather MS shift knob, strut bars(Fleabay), ss headers, spec stage 3 clutch, fidanza flywheel , outlaw spacers, MS motor mounts , custom ss door sills, spyder projectors

WTB
coilovers
Slim Fans
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

here is hoping this one actually has power. The 8 was a let down.
ice_mann

Post by ice_mann »

The 8 was a huge let down but so far so far the numbers look pretty good.
260HP
200ft/lbs.
3100lbs. (a little heavy)

I just hope that they are accurate.

WTB
coilovers
Slim Fans
seanyd08

Post by seanyd08 »

Sorry to say but that car looks like a--. I hate it. I love the series 7 rx7 style, or better yet the series 4. I know its a concept, but my god that thing is ugly
1991 Subaru L Series Wagon (Sold)
1989 Nissan Pulsar N13 (Crashed)
1989 Honda Prelude 3rd Gen (Crashed/Flooded)
1991 Daihatsu Charade (Timing belt snapped; Engine destroyed)
1995 Mazda Mx-3 1.8L V6 K8 (Current, Sports Exhaust and K&N Intake).
:) All I want is a good looking car, THAT CAN EAT THOSE COMMODORES! :)
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Which one? that mangled 6, or the Furai, or the Taiki?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
ice_mann

Post by ice_mann »

All of them!!! lol. I definatly agree that the car is FUGLY but then again most new cars are, but at the bare minimum they fixed the anemic performance numbers of the rx-8.

WTB
coilovers
Slim Fans
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

FURAI = NOM NOM NOM

also, this kabura/rx7 seems like it could be a redemption from the 8, hopefully the specs stay where they're at now (maybe a little weight reduction).
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

ice_mann wrote:The 8 was a huge let down but so far so far the numbers look pretty good.
260HP
200ft/lbs.
3100lbs. (a little heavy)

I just hope that they are accurate.
Those are specs for a car that will put down about the same numbers as an RX-8. Either way it doesnt matter, a new RX-7 will never see the light of day. These are just the same rumors that have been floating around since the early 2000s.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Just a fake posting. The next gen rotary is suppose to be the 16x anyway, so the next gen rotary being a 1.3 is false
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Agreed, false. My mech just went for Mazda 2 training, coming out this next year. he knew about it coming last year. If this were so, he'd know.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

The new rx7 car is awful..
I don't understand why every new replacement model is worst from the older model.
Don't these guys have eyes to see??

Last edited by DeadMaker on July 13th, 2010, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

DeadMaker wrote:The new rx7 car is awful..
I don't understand why every new replacement model is worst than the older model.
Don't these guys have eyes to see??

hmm looking at that makes me want to put rx7 mirrors on mine...
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
ice_mann

Post by ice_mann »

I know that the car is FUGLY and I don't mean to sound defensive, but if this was a fake post why is that there are several reputable sources saying that the new rx-7 is a maybe. I agree that the "new" rotary is not a 1.3L but there are several other reputable sources that have set the record straight:

"The 2012 RX-7 (FE model perhaps) will be powered by the all-new 16X rotary engine; an evolution of the award-winning Renesis 13B found in the RX-8." (http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/m ... 57405.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

"Despite reports that the RX-8 will be the last car to have a rotary engine, we at R&T have received information directly from Japanese Mazda execs that the death of the rotary has been greatly exaggerated, and that the company is planning to introduce a new rotary-powered car in the near future. Apparently, there’s a team of engineers currently working on a drastically improved version of the Renesis 2-rotor dubbed the 16X (displayed at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show). Mazda U.S. had no comment on the subject." (http://www.roadandtrack.com/future-cars ... mazda-rx-7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

WTB
coilovers
Slim Fans

Return to “Future Mazda Models”