[GI] ITB's for all 4 cyl models

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
4gotn

Re: [GI] ITB's for all 4 cyl models

Post by 4gotn »

im very eagerly and impatiently awaiting my ms unit
the post person will bring it by tomorrow :D
so hopefully i will have the car running on tuesday
oh btw ill be posting a wright up on how to ms your mx3 so yay for everyone !
after i get the car running well ill dyno it so i can have a control for the experiment and then i should have the intake ready and its all carrots and cucumbers after that
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny
90 Miata w/ b6, Konig Lightspeed rims, Cams (boost to come soon)
74 Porsche 914 w/ 1.8L - restoration prooject

MapaX5
antispam: No

Post by MapaX5 »

Good job! Lol. If it makes you feel any better, I got my ms workin yesterday.
I had it build correctly, wire harness was right...my only mistake, I forgot to jump
the tsel and inputs, so it wasn't reading an rpm signal, hence not running. Lol.
Now, wat version would we be getting with your gb? You kept saying ms2, then you
Said v2, so now I'm confused. Is it ms1 v2.2? Ms1 v3, or an actual ms2?
Thanks!
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

i would prefer to get a megasquirt v3.0 main board with the ms2 daughter board
i would be burning ms extra 2.2.1 onto the ms2 unit with a setup for my mx3 which could be adapted to any na b6 or bp with a few adjustments
the k series guys im not sure about yet....
my roomie has a k8 and is going to be msing it with my help and apparently hes trying to get a hold of gold member for his tune
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny

MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

uh....you're the one doing the gb! i'm asking YOU what unit we would get w the kit. lol
as soon as you're done w your own testing, i'm going to be the 2nd guinea pig, rem?
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

what i was saying is that i would prefer to use that particular unit with the kit im building

i got the ms back..and i tuned it....i put it in the car...and the f%#%ing injector o rings blew.....and my battery decided to die...completely....

needless to say im pretty pissed and im in the process of finding the new o rings for less than $14 per injector...
im hoping to be able to get something tomorrow (saturday)

>_< :sigh:
i guess if i get enough snowballs ill just make a snow man :)

MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

are you sure they blew?it seems to me like maybe you messed them up on purpose, cuz you're holding out on us! lol....
anyways, i see what you meant about the unit. personally, i'd prefer to just have ms 1 v3 and leave it alone... having the daughter card seems a litle overkill for my taste. and "i don't particularly like complicated" lol.
so, are the flanges done? why does your batt keep dying? is the evil monkey from the closet messing with you?

in case you haven't noticed, i'm trying to cheer ya up dude, i know how difficult it can get. i spent 7.5 hrs changing the rear shocks on a car because the P.O didn't maintain it worth a crap.
]
keep at it and don't give up.
i need those irtbs! lol
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

i think autozone keeps sneaking into my garage and replacing my new battery with the old one i swapped >_> <_<

i get paid again Tuesday and im going to replace the o rings with ones made from the green polyurethane so i could run ethanol through them and smash them with a hammer at the same time and still have it work....
come to think of it...if they work...maybe ill do a group buy at cost...

as for the battery...here i come again autozone.......
if they dont swap this out...im ordering from jeggs or something...
auto parts stores around here sell junk...

GOOD NEWS THOUGH
im starting a job that is 8-5 instead of 3-11 so ill be able to come home and work on my car instead of coming home and sleeping ^_^

mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

Make sure you tune it via Alpha-n, MAP is not good for steady speeds on ITBs. I'm willing to help you out and give you my tune so you can start out with something if you want :D
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

what do you mean alpha n???

ok..i might take you up on that if i have any issues...im still waiting to have enough money for a battery...i got some factory o rings though...for now...
i had an unexpected bill, go figure, but my wife and i BOTH get paid Wednesday...so battery for me...

its incredibly frustrating to see my car sitting like this over something stupid :'C

MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

Dude, it sounds to me like you have a draw somewhere. I mean, haven't you replaced that battery like 3-4 times already? Anyway, any updates on the manifold? I have been waiting for this for too long! Well, that and, my car keeps leaking coolant amd oil and I need to replace that head gasket.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

dark current spec is 20 mA

Thats the draw on the batt. when the ignition is 'off'. Anything remotely higher, you have a draw somewhere. (over time, this should fall as resistances rise in old wires, any rise is sketchy)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks for thr info. I made a new folder for general info that will come in handy.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

ok update time
work has been hell but bear with me
i got a battery and its doing better and i fixed the o rings so every thing is kosher
the car still turns slow so im replacing the ground cables and im taking off the starter AGAIN being as a fresh battery was a little slugish (800 cca so wtf)
im trying my best guys
ill find someone in town tomorrow who can make the flanges for a decent price...ill draw them out tonight...
im getting a bit sick of people telling me they can do it and then not being able to >:/...

4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

I tracked down the dead short.
Talked to a guy at RPM today and im going monday with my manifold and itbs so i can get a solid estimate.
The itbs will be welded to aluminum piping and ran to a flange which will mount on the head so this will be one solid piece, simple and clean. No price yet though.
Im also replacing the ground wires but need a few more pieces to finish.
here is some picks so you can see that im working
i promises

MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

Where is this "rpm" you're talking about? Only reason I ask is cuz there's a local shop called rpm and they do machine work and custom stuff. It'd be weird if it was the same place! Lol.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”