Who else has one of these?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Who else has one of these?

Post by Sleeper6 »

So while out getting some parts with Aaron we thought it would be a good idea to see if anyone else here has the factory specific mazda mx3 cover. Ive had this thing in use for about 6 yrs now and it still has yet to show any wear, even through all the bugs and mice. And the best part is is that theres holes for the mirrors and plate (btw its only loose b/c theres only about half of that one left)!

But anyway just curious how many of us have one of these goodies?
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
grimsby3
antispam: No

Re: Who else has one of these?

Post by grimsby3 »

That thing's intense! Atleast if you ever have to disguise your mx3 as a rock you'll be well equipped lol
'95 MX-3 Precidia V6 1.8L, Sony Stereo Deck, 12" MTX Sub w/500 Watt Amp KLZE Swap In the Future!!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That's freaking cool! At first I was thinking, "Yeah, I've got a car cover". I've never seen THAT one, though!
Mooneggs should be making an offer any minute now...
I don't know if you have any problems with wind blowing it off. I did, so I got a set of those metal clips that are black triangular shaped with chrome wire grip parts, and I clip mine to the pinch seam along the bottom sides, and the bottom of the front and back bumpers. It works great in high winds. I just leave the clips on the car when I take the cover off.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

Ya this thing is tighty all along the bumpers so theres no need for clips and not one drop of rain has gotten through this thing either even with the moon roof out. It is a 100% snug fit no hassle cover :D
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

The one I just bought is pretty good and not expesive but it dosen't have the mirror covers then again I don't know if I'd want them. I have a little trouble with the fit at the back as i have a combat spoiler.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

I have a universal one, fits pretty good. I fold the mirrors when I throw it on anyway.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

that is pretty awesome :shock:

I wonder how it would fit with my kit though... probably not as good if at all..
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

I got to see that cover in person and the fitment is perfect. 8)
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

My car cover isn't that nice, but it does the job :P

I'm jealous, we should trade. I'll smile at you, you'll laugh at me... we'll both go home happy. :)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “Appearance”