What's your hobby?

Off-Topic Discussions
TrevorTheGallant
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: What's your hobby?

Post by TrevorTheGallant »

Until about 3 years ago, I was in Tae Kwon Do for about 10 years, hit black belt then got bored..so I quit that. I used to skateboard until i broke my tib & fib, quit that. Started Snowboarding when i was 10 or 11 (im 21 now so 10 years), I play video games, watch movies (its funny you guys talk about Toy Story, i just watched it last night haha) and I love drivin my MX3 around. I love my job because i do basically nothing and get paid half decent to do it. uhhh....love screwing around with computers, phones, iPods, listening to music...im not picky... haha ill leave it at that.
pirite
antispam: No

Post by pirite »

Photography.
I've shot a couple weddings as well as cars, events, people, macro, anything really.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lukecervi

Music.
Been playing drums for easily close to 10 years if not more. Play and have played with 30-35 different musicians total.
TrevorTheGallant

ive always wanted to get into photography...
pirite
antispam: No

Post by pirite »

its really not that hard to get into. drop a grand on a decent camera and read as much as you can. then adjust your settings, point and click.
TrevorTheGallant

Haha yeah thats pretty much it hey. I went to the University to check out a course on it and I read the outline and everything on it i can learn on the internet so i sayd eff that noise, why spend 500 bucks on a course when i can learn all the same stuff for free. lol
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

My girlfriend got a Canon Rebel EOS @ Costco with a bunch of accesories for about $800, and has just been teaching herself. She's taken some awesome pictures! We've also met photographers, and asked them questions.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Yeah it's not rocket science. You get much better results with a DSLR. Everything seems to be better in manual :wink:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I'm not sure what my current hobby is right now... but I guess I can tell my hobby history!

When I was young, I was a ginormous nerd. At the age of ten I could tell you all about a processor and it's FPU, FSB architecture and tell you why the K6 was a better architecture than the pentium, but not the II. To go into the detail was pretty incredible, and owed it all to the HUGE Computer Shopper magazines they used to print.

That involved to video games and I would play on the super nintendo all the time.
After my video game craze till I was 15, I began drawing and particularly loved doing landscapes. I wasn't an artist by any means, but I could create some very in-depth landscapes that were gorgeous.

From drawing came photography. I was a high school photographer, and got me a digital rebel when it first came out, as a graduation present to myself.

Then custom design. I disassembled an old laptop and painted it a fire metallic red with clearcoat and it was gorgeous... but got stolen. I then painted my desktop that same metallic, then took some rubberized undercoating for cars and sprayed the interior panels and such for sound deadening purposes which turned out great.

Then I got back into hardware and purchased broken laptops and repaired them.

Since I never really played video games, I started collecting classics that I loved or wished I had when I was younger. Brand new in box genesis, super nintendo, boxed up games... some titles that are worth a lot of money...
Then I realized collecting is great but it's not going to get me anywhere, so I began selling it all off. I only have a few classic games left.

Now I particularly like nature-related stuff. Hiking, caving, just general outdoorsiness.

My next hobby will be landscaping as I now am a homeowner, I just got the itch and the craving to terrace the whole yard!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
TrevorTheGallant

thats decent man, i have just a Lumix digital camera right now but im lookin to getting a nice like...$800-$1200 camera eventually.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I like math, designing car thinngs, and discussing the existance of God with people who believe that he does...cuz he doesn't.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Charlie, you'd get burned at the stake where I live :)

The non believes must lay low, and play the facade, lest they be sent to premature cultural hell.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ryan wrote:Charlie, you'd get burned at the stake where I live :)

The non believes must lay low, and play the facade, lest they be sent to premature cultural hell.
I use to pray to God now I pray to Joe Pesci. I find I use to get about 50% of what I asked for and now I still get about 50%. Joe came through on a new bowling ball that God kinda didn't help with. So ya, pray to Joe Pesci. Besides I'm the type of guy that if I can actually see something for some reason it just adds to the credibility. :)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Oh oh!
Holy off-topic!
I am agnostic, and I'll come up with all kinds of medieval tortures for you, if you disagree!
I'm afraid to suggest; but it would be interesting to have a religion (or lack thereof) thread. My God liason is Bob Dobbs (Church of the subgenius).
Anyway, back on topic, I'm going to hook up with a gay guy.

I have been wanting to do acrobatics with just 1 other person, and the perfect person for the job is an ice skater I met. he's light and strong. When I met him, I was able to balance him on one hand over my head. He's from Cirque Du Soliel. We're going to make some money :D
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

fowljesse wrote:Oh oh!
Holy off-topic!
I am agnostic, and I'll come up with all kinds of medieval tortures for you, if you disagree!
I'm afraid to suggest; but it would be interesting to have a religion (or lack thereof) thread. My God liason is Bob Dobbs (Church of the subgenius).
Anyway, back on topic, I'm going to hook up with a gay guy.

I have been wanting to do acrobatics with just 1 other person, and the perfect person for the job is an ice skater I met. he's light and strong. When I met him, I was able to balance him on one hand over my head. He's from Cirque Du Soliel. We're going to make some money :D
If he got some good wood you could spin him like a propeller. LMFAO Now that would be entertaining. WE'd call it the "Homocopter" move
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Oh, man. I lobbed that one, but I wasn't expecting that! I'm trying to be offended, but I can't.

Return to “Off-Topic”