Racing Seats Installed With Stock Brackets and Silders

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
93BlackMX3

Racing Seats Installed With Stock Brackets and Silders

Post by 93BlackMX3 »

I have managed to fab a way to install racing seats with stock brackets/silders. Total cost to do it was $9 and drilling two holes which doesn't effect structure and you can still put the stock seats back on. When I get the time I will take pics of them installed. I want to repaint the brackets/silder because the paint is coming off and rusting, i might make a tutorial when I take it part for paint, if people are interested.
wytbishop

Re: Racing Seats Installed With Stock Brackets and Silders

Post by wytbishop »

This thread is useless without pics.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

interested!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm sure lots of people would be interested in a tutorial of this.
Mike Wakeham

Post by Mike Wakeham »

I'm interested too,

One thing I hate about racing seats are the brackets that are 'meant' to be used with them sit too high. And in our cars that would be a nightmare!
My Toys:
Stock (for the moment) 1996 K8 MX-3 with CAI
1998 Suzuki GN 125cc (my learner bike!)
Soon Honda VFR 400 NC30(when I'm not a learner anymore!)
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

just a FYI- the Protoge has the same floorpan and thus if you NEED to you can order the Protoge brackets with the racing seats and it will fit. However, it usually sits a bit high as said before.
+1 interested in How-To
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Jaik

Post by Jaik »

Is he ever comming back? My front seat is ripped and I don't want to get seat covers. I also want to work on my own but groove not reshaping the PO's.
Pics please. :D
92 GS, Blaze Red, Short throw, Altezza's, Eagle Alloys, Chipped = Fun times
Just bought it, can't wait to put time and money into it.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Well not sure if hes ever coming back but Im planning on redoing the bracket for my sparco seat to get rid of the ugly angle iron later this month(I still use my stock sliders). If you guys want I could try and post the blueprints/pics :)
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Tollis

Post by Tollis »

Would love a tutorial on this. Being 6 ft 5inch in our cars is bad enough with stock seats. I bought some sparcos and couldn't fit so I gotta fab something up.
Cody
1993 GSZE SE
93BlackMX3

Post by 93BlackMX3 »

Sorry Guys I have been busy with exams and projects. I'll be done in a couple of weeks. To get an idea of what I did, I ll write something for now till I have time to do a tutorial with images.

I bought:

4 of these http://www.johsoncn.com/products/anchor ... ng_nut.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4 of the the ones in the middle http://www.sunogroup.com/pic/2009114102925524.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this all I bought to make this work

Step 1: Remove the seats from the car.

Step 2: Flip the seat over and look for the 4 gold bolt holding the seats to the rails. Remove all 4 screws.

Step 3: Take your racing seat and using the bolts supplied with your racing seats, bolt the back two bolts into the racing onto the stock rails.

Step 4: Find where the front holes from racing seats sit above the rails and mark it for drilling.

Step 5: It's up to you if u remove the seat for drilling or not but it makes it easier. Drill the holes and remember to make the holes a little bigger then necessary. I made them more oval so I can align it better later.

Step 6: Here's where the parts come into play. One side of the stock brackets sit lower on one side then the other. Your going to use the long bolts on the lower side and the long nuts as a spacer to level the racing seat. Use the regular bolts the racing seats came with on the other side. Also use the 1 or two spacers that came with the racing seats to level out the higher side. Use your judgement and your eye.

Step 7: Once you have bolted all 4 bolts and put two long nuts on each of the lower sides of the brackets, you can bolt your seats into the car.

Done! Hope that wasn't to confusing and of course I'll get picture to back this up.
93BlackMX3

Post by 93BlackMX3 »

Go To http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=74573" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Appearance”