Got to AutoX again!

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Got to AutoX again!

Post by fowljesse »

Why does it always rain when I get to race?
Oh, yeah, I live in the Pacific NorthWest :roll:
Well, I finally got to run her again, and it was freaking fun! I have decided that I have plenty of power, and when I finish my mods, I will be set.
I am borrowing MINI Cooper wheels, and Kumho Ecsta tires, 205 40 17. They are not great wet tires, but are very predictable. The wheel set put at least 10 extra pounds on each corner, but my acceleration is fine.
My first run was 44 seconds, and I knocked 1 off each time, until my last one was 39, or 40. The fatsest run that I saw was a well sponsered, Autocross-built Miata that got 35 seonds. I didn't catch many other times, because when I was working the track, I couldn't hear the announcer, and since it was wet, they didn't put up the time display.
On each run, I spun through first, and most of second, no mattter what I tried, and slipped on almost every turn. It freaked me out at first, thinking that I couldn't push the car more, but I did, of course, until the last run felt like a drifting event. I couldn't believe how the car corrected. I went at least 15 degrees off on most of the turns, but didn't lose much momentum. It was really hard to get power down, so I'm REALLY looking forward to the LSD.
All I know is that I beat the Cooper S in front of me, and he'd been Autocrossing for a while, and I think I finished pretty well. I never hit a cone, either!

VancouverWa got a video that I'm looking forward to seeing.
It was great fun, and the announcer commented alot on my car :D
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Flyer

Re: Got to AutoX again!

Post by Flyer »

You can't compete with the Miata. They're made of actual magic, as opposed to Voodoo magic...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Flyer wrote:You can't compete with the Miata. They're made of actual magic, as opposed to Voodoo magic...
just wait... I've already beat quite a few Miatas and my car isn't even completely set up yet!
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

1.6 miata's are slow, 1.8's are slightly faster, Turbo miata's destroy all mx3's lol.

Also driver skill has a lot to do with it.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm just stoked that I came within 5 seconds of it!
Mooneggs, it's the red one that's always there, sponsered by Tire Rack, and about 8 other companies. The drivers are really good, and usually finish top 10 overall. Since they're sponsered by Tire Rack, they had the right tires for the conditions. I would have come even closer if I hadn't spent so much time slightly sideways.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

But sideways is fun!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Awesome man- I do not care for Auto-X, but a couple of the MOCA guys love it. Miatas are king- they beat Corvettes all the time down here and we have some cars that are consistantly in Nationals. Mini Coopers are pretty awesome little Auto-X cars so grats on beating him. And yeah a Diff is almost a must for shuch short low gear tracks.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:D Thanks!
Yeah, I have the M-Factory LSD, and a clutch waiting to be put in... One fine day.
There were plenty of cars in the 50 second category :wink:

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”