I WANT TURBO!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sciocchetti
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

I WANT TURBO!

Post by sciocchetti »

Before anyone says anything. Ive read alot and been researching on it. I want to turbo my klze....Now i need a detailed straight forward list of thing i need to upgrade(internaly) berfore my turbo. Im sending my engine away to get ready for the turbo but i need to know what to upgrade and what to just clean. This is my list so far...-new rings and seals. -leave the crank(straightin and polish)-mill the heads/clean. Stuff like that. Everytime i look in a thread it doesnt say to get new cams. I know i need more fuel and bigger injectors, Some oil pressure stuff and so on.... I need to hear from someone who has a turbo on there klze. Oh and what type of tuning computer to use..PLEASE HELP!!!
sciocchetti

Re: I WANT TURBO!

Post by sciocchetti »

This is the kit i want http://cgi.ebay.ca/FORD-PROBE-KLZE-V6-5 ... 35a48dd091" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

i wouldnt plan on boosting 10-25psi on a ze if i were you.

ez_4_fun has had bad luck even at 5psi on a few different ze's.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

you may want lower compression forged pistons, upgraded HG and rods for a start. ARP studs would be a good choice too.

You probably need to do more research. What does your local tuner suggest you get for engine management?
sciocchetti

Post by sciocchetti »

One of my friends is a nerd with cars.. and he recomended a greddy Emanage.. but he also has a complete stand alone fuel system from a corvette but he wants like $2000 for it.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

emanage is kinda crappy.
What is your hp goal? That will let you know if you need a stand-alone or not.
But it is all worthless if your local tuner can't work with it.
sciocchetti

Post by sciocchetti »

Well im running a 14.8 at the track with what i have mow and i wanna beat my buddy's 240sx now my HP goal is around 250 to 300. Its a project ive been wanting to do for a long time. i just bought another one bone stock for part but im just going to drive it when this one is being worked on.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

ok, so now go to RC injectors web site and use their injector calc' tool. If youf increasing size more than 50% (with some safe head room) than the emanage will not work for you.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

If you're planning to run more than 10psi I would suggest H-Beam rods and forged pistons. Very high quality head gaskets and ARP head studs as stated. There are lots of options for injectors and there was a thread on this in the last month which had a link to an online company that could sell you complete fuel rails with high volume injectors. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... rs#p541142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. A high output fuel pump and a good quality AFPR will also be very handy.

As for engine management...Megasquirt is the obvious choice around this forum because it's so well known and there's tonnes of support for it...and it's not crazy expensive.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
sciocchetti

Post by sciocchetti »

Already you guys have helped soo much im going to do some calling around tomorrow but i got a list of everything im putting inside my engine...Finally...now just need to figure out what turbo to use? oh and it calculated around 400cc/min and around 40lbs/hr for my injectors for anyone else looking to do the same.
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

i just bought that turbo kit but i wont be using the actual turbo getting a different one th heard its pretty good tho but was told by a few people the turbo is junk
sciocchetti

Post by sciocchetti »

let me know what you think of the kit in the 2 post.. honestly ( i can take constuctive critisism)
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

Do not use RC injectors, I have had and heard nothing but problems with them. My buddies rsx-s has 2 bad injectors 1 stuck open spraying fuel and the other sticks on his s/c k20a his injectors are not even 3 months old. I have also had them fail on a few other cars and have heard of many people having problems with them up to 550 cc, the ones after that I can not speak for.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

only the pipes, lines intercooler etc will work. A good turbo alone will cost around the same price as that entire kit. If you can, look for the pipes and univerasl intercooler kit with out all the sh!tty knock-offs. - Anything that has a moving part in that turbo kit is crap.... well, the fans might be ok :shrug:

Most guys here know I get really p!ssed off when people by crap parts and expect to run more than 5 psi on them.. or expect them to last. I'd like to stay away from that fight this time. Please buy good parts. Ya, it will cost many times more than cheap sh!t, but it is worth it.

A good turbo setup should be expensive. Hope you have deep pockets.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Newfie_dan wrote:Do not use RC injectors, I have had and heard nothing but problems with them. My buddies rsx-s has 2 bad injectors 1 stuck open spraying fuel and the other sticks on his s/c k20a his injectors are not even 3 months old. I have also had them fail on a few other cars and have heard of many people having problems with them up to 550 cc, the ones after that I can not speak for.
:roll:
no one said to use RC's.. just their caculations

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”