Does this look infected to you

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

Does this look infected to you

Post by SteeleMX3 »

Hey, so I'm replacing my water pump as I seem to go through a gallon of rad every 2 weeks and apparently every other tell-tale sign of a faulty water pump is present. I actually found and reserved a new one from my local parts place for $67.00 CAD but there is one online that seems kind of "sketchy" but is only $49.00 with shipping. Check it out and get back to me por favor???
http://www.waterpumpwarehouse.com/servl ... .8/Detail

Qucik replies are much appreciated as I'm probablly going to replace the pump tomorrow pending this internet deal.

Cheers.
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Does this look infected to you

Post by Daninski »

The pumps for the 92-93 is only $29 bucks. The site looks legit.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The only possible issue is the size of the pilot. The little nubbin that pokes through the center of the pulley came in 2 different sizes. There is a 32mm nad a 16mm pilot...make sure you get the right one.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

Post by SteeleMX3 »

hmm, i guess ill do the internet dealio...It doesn't say any size so that's why I'm a little put off, anyone think they could just assume all 92-93 pumps are 16mm??
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

Nope my 92 had a 32mm, I thought the same thing and had to have a friend ride me to the local parts shop for a round two, easiest way to be sure is just loosen the bolts while the belts tight(4 of em) then loosen the belt and take it off the rest of the way to measure it. Saves a whole lot off runaround if you take about 15 mins
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

For my '93, there were 4 different combinations; 2 bold patterns, and 2 pilots, IIRC.Of course Murphey's law had me go back to the parts store 2x, before I got the right one. From what I gathered over the years on this site, there is no rhyme or reason to this. It's a Crapshoot, so definitely measure your bolt pattern, and pilot hole. I think even the shaft was longer on one, so the pulley offset was different. Measure twice.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”