SteeleMX3: my bone stock 1992 MX3 Precidia GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

Re: SteeleMX3: my bone stock 1992 MX3 Precidia GS

Post by SteeleMX3 »

haha cheers man, umbrella material...not surprising coming from you lol. Maybe I'll give mine a go and see how it works out, and like you said I'll give ya a call if they don't. I'm also planning on doing the back rest of the seats and then, as you said before, the door panels. I've been told to use contact cement rather than some spray adhesive because it holds better.
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

Alright, update...I made that boot floor that mikeianus posted up a lil while back, it was all turning out pretty nice until I realised I stapled the vinyl on THE WRONG SIDE...rawrgwhrgh!!! :evil: :cry: :crying:
I'll post pics of my embarrassment soon.

EDIT: I took off the vinyl and redid it all, looks real sharp now :D
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

I need to know if the under-dash lighting is cool! lol, sounds funny but I'm weird like that.

opinions please and thank youz
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

interior lights are a bit ricey for me...

as for the floor panel i came pretty close to doing the same thing. i had to put it down and take a step back to think about it for a min before i put it on. did you use an adhesive spray on the fabric or just stapled onto the back of the wood?
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

mikeinaus wrote:interior lights are a bit ricey for me...

as for the floor panel i came pretty close to doing the same thing. i had to put it down and take a step back to think about it for a min before i put it on. did you use an adhesive spray on the fabric or just stapled onto the back of the wood?
Yah I pretty much just needed one opinion to sway my from that path, decision made lol. And for the panles, I've got the three panels, 2 are the same as yours with one extra for the left, which are all just stapled to the back. I'll take some pics tomorrow. I'm lucky that's all I did as I had to remove the vinyl covering because I put it on the wrong side originally hahaha. I actually did contemplate contact cement but decided against it, I think it was a good decision.
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

yeah contact cement is a b----. i only put spray adhesive on so it wouldnt want to wrinkle from things moving around. im sure itll be fine with staples if you pulled the fabric tight enough.
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

ahhh, I'm in the process of replacing my water pump and, as usual, I am running into speed bump after g0d damn speed bump. rawwrghh :x . Anyways, the next problem is that I'm ready to take off the second plastic cover and there are 2 bolts underneath the water pump pulley that I can just barely access but not loosen. I've got pics below to show my predicament, I would like to take off the pulley altogether but I don't see that happening as all belts and crankshaft pulley are off. cheers for any and all help.

The wrench is sticking out from the bolt I want to take off, underneath the pulley.

Water pump and pulleys, leakage going on.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i'm surprised you never asked jesse to help you with this
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

I was gunna, but he's pretty much incommunicado ATM. Not sure what's up but I'm almost done this whole ordeal anyway, just gotta get that last pulley off and I'm on home road.
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

Alright I took a break from that darn water pump which is taking me waaay too long to da haha. Just as an update though, I've got the new water pump intsalled and ready to go, however, I need to put everything back on now and it'll only be about 2 hours for re-install but that's not happenning on St. Paddy's :lol:

What I was actually going to say was that I may be buying this shifter knob below if I can get some positive feedback about it...As you may be able to tell from previous posts, I like to have public approval on items going into my car. What can I say, I DO care what other people think :D

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That looks like a nice shift knob, if it matches the interior of your car.
I know that timing belt/ water pump replacement process. You can put wrenches on 2 of the bolts, to loosen one. I don't remember how I did mine, but it wasn't too hard.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

yah it definately matches the interior, thanks for feedback! All I really needed was one reputable member's approval lol, I snatched it for $15 on a bid (shipping is free for some reason :shrug: ), hoorah! Also, would you happen to have any elaboration on re-installing the timing belt? I've searched and read what seemed to be a helpful FAQ on it, but I still couldn't do it...am I just challenged??

EDIT: On that note, do I need to put the covers back on? I feel like my life would just be that much easier if they were left off for future projects entailing the belt/pulley/pump area.
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

another opinion needed por favor! Would these look good put in the front grill area, I think I might just take out the grill and put these light along the surface of the grill hooked up to the headlights or something or other...I think it would look pretty cool but you never know :shrug:

linkage:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2X-24-LED-Blue-Stri ... 029wt_1165

hmm, you know what...while I've got your atttention, gimme a shout on these bad boys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 853wt_1165
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

Hi Steele,
I'm not sure about up in Canada but the blue is illegal down here. The mirror things are just light-up stickers... I think they look a bit cheap (This from a guy with blacklight interior lighting).
I shy'd away from the grill lighting because I've owned a mercury and thought it would look like that.

I was thinking about getting these mirrors: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-199 ... 2c53a630d8
They have both amber and blue lighting. Amber for turn signals, blue for looks (or whatever). I'd pull the blue out and replace it with UV to match my interior, but it's a choice.
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

yeah, stay away from blue lighting steel, it's just gonna get you tickets or lots of attention from the police.
you could use white, but i don't really like the idea, seems corny and too much lighting on the exterior

as for the mirrors, jesse has them on his car, i'm not a fan but it's your car.
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=63008&start=135" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

really, i think you should do whatever you want or feels that looks good, a lot of your ideas are more...."ricey" than what most guys like on these forums, so most of your ideas will probably get put down, i would just do whatever i felt is cool and than decide weather you like it yourself or not after you actually do it.
just my opinion :shrug:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”