painting altezza's...a ser, o no a ser

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

painting altezza's...a ser, o no a ser

Post by SteeleMX3 »

would it be possible to paint either a chrome altezza black or a black altezza chrome?? I would prefer the former but is it possible to do either??

cheers.
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
Evo_Spec

Re: painting altezza's...a ser, o no a ser

Post by Evo_Spec »

well it would be, but i don't know why you would considering they come in both colors, if you wanted to paint it the same color as your car you could do that too if you wanted

outlaw took the covers completely off
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=52442&start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

haha i knew my post sounded retarded...The FS thread by postman has one chrome and one black altezza for grabs. I really like the idea of the no cover look, possibly a new project?? I wonder if i can get my hands on the MX3 teal paint...

cheers for the link Evo!

**EDIT: btw man, any update as to whether or not you could hook a brotha up with those Taiwanese LED's you were chattin about earlier??
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

oh, sorry dude, yeah i bought the LED's 2 days ago XD its a circuit board with 12 SMD LED's on it (their freaking bright) and i bought 2 of them so that you can stick them on the....dome light thing. the best part, no modification needed!
it had like universal plug in's that can plug into our light socket or the other one's with the fuse like shape thingy and....basicly it'll go with with minimal effort.
does that sound pretty cool? if you don't want it i'll start selling them bulk to others to make you jealous XD
but really i think i'm going to buy a bunch so i can offer them to others here on the forum and to make another LED dome light for myself (already have one) XP
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

that sounds fantabulous, plug-and-play are my favourite words! IMO you'd have a lot of interest selling them to other users here...but don't sell mine!!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

well, i went to the next step instead, i found 24 LED board for the same price as the 12 LED boards =D

so yeah, i started actually thinking weither or not i should buy a lot and sell them but then i figured i'm WAYYYY too lazy to start buying/selling for other people, and it's not worth my time because it's not like i'm buying them at whole sale prices so i just bought a set for you and me, maybe some extra for some other project i can think of doing
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Evo_Spec wrote:well, i went to the next step instead, i found 24 LED board for the same price as the 12 LED boards =D

so yeah, i started actually thinking weither or not i should buy a lot and sell them but then i figured i'm WAYYYY too lazy to start buying/selling for other people, and it's not worth my time because it's not like i'm buying them at whole sale prices so i just bought a set for you and me, maybe some extra for some other project i can think of doing
A write up would be very appreciated! :wink:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i'll gladly do so but it's basic for a guy like you jesse it would be a joke.

basicly this is what i figure will need to be done:
-pull domelight out (i have an extra one that'll i'll be doing it on)
-pull off domelight cover (maybe a good time to paint?)
-plug in the Light bulb connection (T10? also read "wedge" connection)
-find a way to attach the LEd board to the dome light housing (i plan to use 4 big blobs of hot glue XD)
-put the domelight cover back on
-Your done!

yeah, that's how simple it will be, but i'll do a write up with pictures when i actually do it just cause you asked me jesse :love2:

*edit* now that i re-read my own post i don't know weather or not your asking about the domelight project or the other projects i have in mind but rest assured, i'll do write ups for everything i do =D
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

excited for Tawainese LED dome light!

Return to “Appearance”