Starting With The Army On March 15th!

Off-Topic Discussions
Nd4SpdSe

Starting With The Army On March 15th!

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well I'm sure that most of you know what I've been out of a career and struggling for work for a while. I've finally (yesterday) got the call that I've been accepted in the army. I got in as a Land Communications & Information Systems Technician for the Canadian Force. The good new call came a few hours after getting off the phone with Unemployment saying that my claim is on hold and being re-reviewed on the 5th (after being out of work since mid-Jan). I've actually been waiting since August, the original plan was to get in the Air Force as a Aerospace Telecom Tech, but I appled too late for a September start and found out in January that they weren't taking anyone for that position this round. The LCIS position was literally the second choice on my original application. I get sworn on in the 25th and start boot camp on the 15th of March.

It's kinda nice and put an end to my financial struggle. I've been pretty much out of work since November '08 and struggling with temporary and minimium wage jobs since then.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Starting With The Army On March 15th!

Post by Daninski »

My buddy remustered to Aerospace Telecom Tech, he loves it. Got posted to Colorado Springs for 4 years. Travelled the country working on servers and such. Remembr one thing, boot camp is a game. They intentionally screw with your so play the game and don't pet the sweaty things. With over 32 years in if you have any questions let me know. I can probably find you the answer if I don't already know it. I just hope your Wife has no problems moving around the country. Once in if your not happy with the trade after a few years you can always apply for another trade. Cheers FNG There, your first acronym.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Canada has an army?!
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

Bolverk wrote:Canada has an army?!
yes its an army full of cute little beavers waving around hockey sticks thinking its their guns
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Actually, our army consists of several trillion blood thirsty, 100% crazy b---- female soldiers. They have no fear, no respect for their own life, and their only drive is to devour their enemies with callousness and brutishness.

Last edited by Ryan on February 17th, 2010, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

hahahaha that sign is awsome!
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Daninski wrote:Remembr one thing, boot camp is a game. They intentionally screw with your so play the game and don't pet the sweaty things.
Ya, I've been told exactly this by a few friends already. Knowing it going it, it'll make things easier, but I don't expect it to be a problem
Daninski wrote:Cheers FNG There, your first acronym.
I'm a computer guy that uses the internet....I'm used to using acronyms

That's not the BIG question:
Daninski wrote:I just hope your Wife has no problems moving around the country.
I have a Wife?!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

[quote="Nd4SpdSe...
That's not the BIG question:
Daninski wrote:I just hope your Wife has no problems moving around the country.
I have a Wife?![/quote]
He means your truck...with all the switches in the MX-3, I'm surprised that your truck doesn't have a built-in AI...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ya we do. We don't bomb civillians, intern people with out due process and basically respect the country we're there to help. Oh and by the way the longest kill shot is held by a Canadian soldier. Where as another country who I won't mention can't claim any of the above mentioned. :)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Flyer wrote:He means your truck...with all the switches in the MX-3, I'm surprised that your truck doesn't have a built-in AI...
The truck is going to come with me for when I can, she's definitely coming with me to St-Jean.

Building an AI requires money. The R&D on that has been on hold for over a year now because of the lack of funding.
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Well.............I don't like the "army" deal for you in order to get a job (that's the Mom part of me coming out)....but I do know how long you have been waiting for a "permanent job" and I know how relieved you are getting one.

Ya Dan and John S. can probably give you info for sure..............after their many years in it.

Hey if we are going to have a meet.............you better jog to it............you know...you'll have to get into shape.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:P

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mymx.3 wrote:Well.............I don't like the "army" deal for you in order to get a job (that's the Mom part of me coming out)....but I do know how long you have been waiting for a "permanent job"
Ya, but my parents are both excited and encouraging it, so my mom's mom part of her overrides yours :P

It's not all about a permanent job, but also the opertunities and changes in a good way (I'd like to think). I have to make some sacrifices of course, but they should hopefully be worth it in the long term...
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Congratulations! I hope you don't go to any countries ending in "stan". it would be nice to have a good job. Or a job. I hope you stick with MX-3s :| Or, at least keep being a helpful member of this site :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Nah, I've had my fun with Mx-3's, I want something newer and actually rear wheel drive. I will be sticking with the Mazda camp since I've decided to get an Rx-8. I'll still be around when I can. I've spent too much time here to leave. There's plenty of knowledge to give, lol.

Return to “Off-Topic”