mx-3 worth

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
sheller

mx-3 worth

Post by sheller »

Hello, <BR>I'm trying to get back into the MX-3 scene after being out of it for a while. I looked at one last night and wanted to ask you what you guys feel it is worth. It is a red, 4 cylinder base model. They say it is a '93 but I'm not sure about that because I had a '93 and it had airbags...this one doesn't. It has an am/fm cassette player but no other options that I could see. The engine ran great but the clutch slipped some. They told me a new one is going to be installed before it is sold though. They also said it had new brakes and front cv joints. Ok, now the bad points. There is some denting to the rear passenger side fender. It isn't undrivable but it is very noticeable. After being hit in my previous MX-3, it has damage similar to that on the driver's side and I know that cost $1600 to fix 5 years ago. It also has 3 alloy rims and then 1 stock rim. The paint has some scratches here and there (like most cars after a few years) and will probably need to just be redone once the dents are taken care of. On the inside, the trunk cover is missing. There are also a few tears in the driver's side seat. There are also a couple of trim pieces that are missing (lighter, handle for the driver's side seat, etc.). I'm in Portland, OR if that helps. What would be a good price to offer him for it? Thanks for your input. <P>Steve
HeyIt'sJoBo

Re: mx-3 worth

Post by HeyIt'sJoBo »

I'm not sure what the dollar is now. I think Canadian's only have 50% currency right now, but I'm not sure if that would be the best choice if you do have some cash to spend. I'd check on how many KM/Mi it has. If it's low, then you save hassles in the long run and you can use the money that you will save to fix the minor problems with the car. To airbrush a vehicle and throw on a clear coat is cheap. When you get noticeable dents, then it gets annoying and pricey.<P>Easiest way to tell whether or not it's a 94 or 93 is the dash board. If the vents are circular/spherical and the dash board is rounded, it's a 94'. If your console is more squared off, you're looking at a 93'. Look at the Interior Style's link on the navigation page for a picture of both 93' and 94' interior models.<P>I got one hell of a deal on my 94' GS. I paid 8000 Canadian. It's fully loaded, only 101 000KM's minor chips on the hood. Perfect interior. No mod's though. He was moving to the states, so I brought him from 10,700 to 8,000 flat. Felt bad, but I saved quite a bit.<P>For the car you described, it sounds like a lot of maitenence. If it's a 93' RS with noticeable damage and pieces missing, I wouldnt go higher then 4000 American depending on the mileage. Less if it's high.
...and for those 10 seconds or less... I drink the beer.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”