D^mn Honda

Off-Topic Discussions
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: D^mn Honda

Post by Ryan »

....So, you're saying we need tandem rear drive axles? :lol:
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Inodoro Pereyra wrote:Which is exactly the same as with a RWD car. Torque is always good up to a point. Regardless of the car being FWD, RWD or AWD, or having street tires or slicks, there's always a point in which you will start spinning the tires. Your point is moot.
Not at all. It's a combination of torque and traction.
Which is exactly why I said "torque is always good up to a point".
Regardless of the layout of the car, torque is NEVER useless. You just need to use different methods to transmit it to the ground, and it has different limitations.
True, applying torque on a FWD car can be more complicated than on a RWD, but that doesn't mean it's useless.
We could go on forever about the differences for each system (and yes, I'm well aware of them. Those you cited, and those you didn't), but bottom line, the fact that there are plenty of examples of all 3 systems running very high torque engines, renders the point, as I said before, absolutely moot.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

Flyer wrote:If the entire point is to play the "anything you can do I can do better" game, rise up to the challenge and make some of your own...for exmaple, let's see him drive past a speed trap going five over...or leaving the car in a bad part of town for ten minutes...

lmao, you're alright Flyer...you're alright
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
xtreme velocity

Post by xtreme velocity »

ottom line hondas suck mazda rules. Let him tear up his running "11s" here before too long running his car like that he will be needing new parts. From what i have seen in mazda. They are made more for corners than straight line. Higher rpms for periods of time and suspension setup up. When he wants to race just say lets try all driver skill with straight lines and corners. He is toast then. But for the straight line get you a LS1 and he wont touch you. That motor is more or less built for straights. Keep us posted and build on your car. We want to see a cornering machine.
Current:
93 F-250 Diesel Coal Roller (For Sale)
06 RX-8 1.3 Rotary AT 6 speed (All looks)
79 Ford Courier 2.3 4cyl 5 speed (lil Pete)

Past:
05 Mazda RX-8 1.3 Rotary MT 6 speed
90 Mazda Miata 1.6L 5 speed 45k miles
94 MX-3 RS DOHC 5 speed 90k miles

Return to “Off-Topic”