MX-West Ownership

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.

Who would you like to see as the new MX-West President?

Poll ended at November 19th, 2009, 10:52 pm

Jen Scott (Calgary AB)
12%
Jesse Krsa (Okotoks AB)
18%
Tyler Hamm (Williams Lake BC)
27%
Monte Lamarche (Williams Lake BC)
15%
Darcy Duek (Calgary AB) if he gets a new MX3
9%
Josh Forrest (Bothell, WA)
9%
Clayton Anderson (East Wenatchee, WA)
3%
James Gosteli (Cheadle, AB)
6%

Total votes: 33

wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

MX-West Ownership

Post by wyldside »

Hi Everyone,

As a few of you may know, Kevin Gee has recently passed the remaining control of MX-West on to me. But unfortunately, due to me being a one man show, this has not been an easy nor successful task on my behalf. On that note, I would like to extend a big thank-you to Jesse Krsa of Alberta as well Monte Lamarche & Tyler Hamm of BC for picking up the slack in many areas.

Now the main reason for this topic is appoint a new administration of MX-West, in order to keep the club alive. The club needs a new fire behind it, and I believe it is time for someone else to take the reins. I have been with the club since 2002 with trips to Vancouver and soon after started the Alberta division of the club. I have built and designed the website from the ground up, but with a busy life schedule I was unable to keep it up to date as much as I would like. Whomever takes over as President will receive guidance and assistance with transitioning information as well as moving the domain registration and hosting to a new web developer. Consideration as to how the club expenses will be paid will also need to be taken into account. I have stopped collecting membership fees and have funded things like domain registration and partial hosting out of my own pocket as I felt members were not getting their money's worth.

Now I will leave it up to everyone to provide votes for who they believe should take over the job. My thoughts are that the club should have one main President and then a Vice-President of each geographical region. Ex: VP Calgary Division, VP Okanagan region, VP Washington, etc. But of course that is completely up to the new President. My Presidential recommendations would be for someone who has great popular support as well as being able to take action to achieve results. The individuals that I will place in this poll are by no means bound to becoming president. But I feel these are senior members and should get first consideration. This is to see who the members would like to have as their new club president.

Please answer the poll below...
You are allowed 2 votes and if you see fit, feel free to vote for yourself (if you are on poll).
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Evo_Spec

Re: MX-West Ownership

Post by Evo_Spec »

i'm assuming everyone on the list is willing? =P
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

How do I join the club? Could we possibly get a bunch of cars together for the super run this year? It's the august long weekend.

EDIT: I just read your website. Could you pm me and let me know where to meet one of you in person, I used to own Jen's mx haha so I kinda know her. If you guys have regular meets in Cowtown or wherever I'd be down to check it out. I'm currently a member of two other automotive enthusiast clubs (Antique Willys Association < my willys>, Lowered Expectations <my datsun>) and love to get to know others who share the same passion for the ol mx.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

I know some of the people on the list would be willing, but others not so much. Like I said, this is just a visual aid to seeing who club members would prefer.

The MX-West site is http://www.mx-west.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;,

as for membership, hang tight on that. We are discussing something about that.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Yeah, with me heading down to Utah for School being prez would be hard... and being american! :D But I am still disappointed I didn't go to Kelowna... I should have...

But I voted!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Gotta be one or both of the guys from the puddle. They have shown interest and I think that those two are real mx3 enthusiasts
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Did they both have RHD mx3s at the meet???
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

no, just tyler

Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

yah i havent really contributed like i had hoped i would. But things are a changing and I think it is a great idea to have one Prez with several VP's. With my own persional things coming to a close I should be able to help out alot more. I am actually really excited looking twoards next year, and would love to get some things going through OR and WA and up in BC, as soon as i get my pass port. hopefully my car will be up and running very soon, i have accumulated most of my parts now,
I just have to put it all together :welder:
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Wow, so far these votes are closer than I had anticipated.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Well it looks like Tyler Hamm has won the vote of people. So, if everyone is happy with this (including Tyler), I can proceed with transitioning everything over. The runner up votes would be the likely candidates to run as VP for the respective region. Tyler can run a follow-up poll if need be to see who should run various regions (Vancouver / West Coast, Kelowna/Central BC, Edmonton, Calgary, Washington, etc)
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Just a quick update on this...

I'm trying to get things transitioned over but I've been unsuccessful at getting a hold of Tyler. I would like to have much of everything figured out before Spring. Hopefully this doesn't delay things too much. We'll keep you posted...
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Just giving everyone an update on this. Tyler Hamm is the new President of MX-West. We are currently working on transitioning things over. Once this is close to completion, Tyler will then appoint a Vice President for each specific region to manage local members and events. Thank-you everyone for taking part in this poll.

Cheers...
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”