93SOHC 93 mx-3 GSSE

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
MX3-Life

Re: 93SOHC 93 mx-3 GSSE

Post by MX3-Life »

It's prob just extra metal i don't see why that 1 spot would need re-enforcement lol :P
Keep the V6 how else will dumb people know if its a V6 or not!
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

thats kinda what im going for. No emblems, no emissions tag on the hood, no hints as to what my car is or what motor is in it. I think its funny cause knowone knows what kinda car it is anyway, so de badging it and all is what im goin for
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Only one question.... why didn't you paint the cam pullys?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If you really want to screw with people, is find a Metro with a 3 cyl. and see if it has badges, then hide the bottom 3 leads from the disty! When I first looked at my first MX-3, I was looking for an economical hatch, and after looking at the 3 cyl. Metro, I thought for a second that my GS was a 3 cyl.!
Last edited by fowljesse on January 15th, 2010, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Ryan: I was planning on it but once I cleaned it I thought it looked kinda cool that way. Idk, since I have to redo the valve covers I may paint em' I also forgot to paint the alternator pulley, which i will do as well

Jesse: that is hillarious! I actually owned a metro convertable years ago with the 3cyl. It was actually quite zippy! I would probably still have it if i didnt drop a wrench on the valve cover and completely demolish it. Someday i'd like to get another one and put a suzuki swift or chevy sprint turbo in it.
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Savin

Post by Savin »

Fantastic work so far! engine and trans are looking mighty purdy. :D

As far as metro convertibles...and all metros in fact, watch out for frame rot. You're frame might snap if you hit a pothole. :cry:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Savin wrote:Fantastic work so far! engine and trans are looking mighty purdy. :D
I agree.
What are you using to protect the polished parts?
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

going to be using semi-gloss ceramic clear made by VHT. I started off using duplicolor ceramic engine paint, but I havent had much luck with it. For the block, heads, and trans I used the best stuff on earth: Brite-aluminum by Martin Senior. It is oil, chemical, and heat resistant. It lays real flat, doesnt run, and lasts a long time!

Got lots more of the IM polished yesterday, but ran outa supplies and its been slow progress with my tiny 8gal compressor. If I can sell it, I will be buying a 16 to 20 gal partly with the proceeds.

again thanks for the props
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

93SOHC wrote:
Got lots more of the IM polished yesterday, but ran outa supplies and its been slow progress with my tiny 8gal compressor. If I can sell it, I will be buying a 16 to 20 gal partly with the proceeds.
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tab ... ET&simple=

Look on page 8, upper right corner.

Hope it helps. :)
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

yeah thats what im lookin for. Once my tax refund is here my roomate and i will be making the trek to harbor freight near chitown. Its an hour drive one way but the savings in shipping will be worth it
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Today I wanted to button up the arangement in the trunk so I could mock up a custom sub box. All this cause I wanted to get all the wiring run for the rear battery and amp and stuff. Of corse I had to first mod the trunk panels for the strut bar aswell. Got all that done and the I grabbed my original box for my sub so I could pop out the woofer and measure for depth, and whadya know? The box is a perfect fit annd has room on both sides...one side amp, the other battery box. Looks pretty damn clean too. I bought a giant piece of mdf for nothin. Guess it goes in the shed till next spring when it will become a headboard for my bed or a box for my new compressor to keep down on noise. Live and learn right. Also removed trans crossmember for blasting and paint, a few mounts have been filled with urethane(gonna shake like a california earthquake), throttle body has been de-gunked, cleaned, and painted. Anyone know if they make replacement bushings for the trans member? Hope to finish polishing and grinding on the stupid IM and start freaking out about vacume lines and vris solenoids and o-rings and such. Another? for anyone perusing my log: I got injector oring kit from felpro and they are just orings...wtf? The orings where the rail mounts to the IM are like flat weirdo things. Am I missing something here or do the orings i bought go inside the rails and i gotta get a different set for where it mounts to the IM...All the k series stuff is so complicated. Sometimes I long for the days of adding a few wires and swapping ecus and toss in a bp and its f'in party time.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Take a look at these: http://www.prdonline.com/osc/catalog/pr ... cts_id=466" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is probably the kit you're looking for.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

cool. I think I found them through Altrom too. I have the little ones for inside the rail, id assume the larger ones are for the place i need. I ordered the altrom ones and i guess if they arent right i will order the prd ones. Thanks for the link, i totally forgot about prd and thier awesome thermo-spacers. I also found the crossmember bushings i need through my buddy at the local Mazda dealer. About 30bux for the set.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

got my crossmember bushings, just gotta find time at work to blast the darn thing. Also ordered some braided brake hoses from drew on CP. Parts are coming in like crazy, just need to get some work done on the car! Been slacking since sunday due to work being so busy. By the time i get home at 7:00 I just wanna have dinner and go to bed. Progress will be made tonight and tomorrow though so expect more pics
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I took a couple vacation days and good thing i did cause i ended up getting sick yesterday. regardless progress pics galore and a very special surprize at the end. As always enjoy, comment, complain, question:

a few shots of interior projects: LED 3rd brake light, carpet cleaned, etc
cross member revamp: blasted, painted, all new OEM bushings
IM progress, and its done. polished it but didnt really like it, so brushed finish is how its gonna be. everything else is VHT 2000 degree black:
I have tons more pics of grinding off the v6 logo and all that. I put about 20 hours into this thing and i think it turned out great. Im going to give it a little more uniform finish and some flat clear eventually. Now for the best surprise ever! I have had this car since 9/08 and guess what???

muahhahahaha!
and its in!!!!!!!!

It was about 5 HOUR PROCESS! Mounting the trans to the motor and aligning the first mount(lower rear). Plus I forgot to swap the mx3 right engine mount on and had to dig it out. Its been a long time coming and there is still tons of stuff to do before it runs, but im super psyched! Hope everyone is as happy as i am

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”