Help!!! need tranny info

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Mx3r gsr
antispam: No

Help!!! need tranny info

Post by Mx3r gsr »

I have a 92 mx3 gs, I am attempting to do 1 of 2 swaps i have a KLZE DOHC 2.5 v6 and i also have a KF Engine 2.0 v6, my question is which one will be easier as well as more tuneable later down the road, and also if either of these will mount up with a stock 5speed tranny that is in my car now or if i'll need to buy a new trans before the swap

thanks in advanced
JWMX3

Re: Help!!! need tranny info

Post by JWMX3 »

Tranny bolts up to both.

DONT use the KF !

the ze is 30 more horsepower and theres 37 more reasons to use it over the KF I'll be the first one to say it

GL on the swap
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Mx3r gsr

Post by Mx3r gsr »

well thanks for the reply, why is the KL a better swap other than 30+hp what all will i need to swap out or replace for the KL swap?
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Its better because it shares many components with its north american counterpart. so engine parts are readily available. the KF on the other hand, if you compression test it and find one cylinder is below oem minimum and needs rings ... you cant really fix it because pistons rings would be very hard/expensive to find.

it really comes down to the KF being nothing more then a bored out K8 with the same stroke, same heads, and its just a pointless engine. a KLDE would be a better choice.

try and sell your KF and use the ZE 100%

there are pages of KLZE swap info, try the search button at the top of the forum ;)
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Mx3r gsr

Post by Mx3r gsr »

ok thanks man

Return to “Transmissions”