[GI] Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
_-Night-Shade-_

[GI] Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

So I found a local auto parts warehouse/distributor and they have stuff for dirt cheap. I thought I'd share the discovery. I bought front cross drilled & slotted rotors from them a while back and they are superb. I haven't installed them yet, plan on doing it this winter when I redo the brakes. The brand is Roto-Tech (http://www.roto-tech.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), they are manufactured in Canada and come with a warranty. They look to be of very high quality. The fronts go for $42 (about $48 after taxes) and the rears are $50 ($57 after taxes) so for the whole set it would be about $105. I know there are a few local boys who already want some but I would have no problem shipping these out to those who are interested. Depending on the numbers I might even be able to negotiate a discount for a bulk buy. The fact of the matter is that they're roughly the same price as stock blank replacements so I'd rather go with these, if for aesthetic looks only. Just thought I'd post this up to see what people think.

EDIT: Just some more info - Fronts weight about 10lbs each, I've yet to get the rears so stay tuned, but they should obviously be lighter.
Also they do provide zinc coating at an extra $10 per rotor.

Last edited by _-Night-Shade-_ on December 31st, 2009, 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: [GI] Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors

List of interested people so far:

1. Finch (front)
2. 96chris (front)
3. MX3-Life (front + rear)
4. Flyer (front + rear)
5. TMP39 (front)
6. King58 (front + rear)

Keep 'em coming! Feel free to ask any questions.
Last edited by _-Night-Shade-_ on January 12th, 2010, 12:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

sweet deal... lol funny tihing is i just bought some like those in mississuga .. probably the same place maybe lol they look identical... and they work great
1992 mx3 gs Klze with Powder coated black Curved neck Manifold. Hot shot performance CAI, ford probe Gt ECU and MAF

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2197073
_-Night-Shade-_

No this place is in Markham, how much did you pay for yours?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

how much shipped to Spokane, WA 99208?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
_-Night-Shade-_

mitmaks wrote:how much shipped to Spokane, WA 99208?
I PM'ed you.
TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

those would be nice. im in london and i may be near the area within the next month or so. what company is it that you are getting them from. cause i would be interested in a set for the front. just pm me if u want. but either way i would like a set for the front
ElectronBlue

Post by ElectronBlue »

i paid 150 for four rotors and pads
1992 mx3 gs Klze with Powder coated black Curved neck Manifold. Hot shot performance CAI, ford probe Gt ECU and MAF

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2197073
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

its nice of you to offer and all but anyone can get a set for $170ish through Napa for brembos. they are distributed locally through Affinia directly to NAPA, the same supplier for United Brakes. I got mine for $149 for the set with my wholesale discount for being an employee.
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

93SOHC wrote:its nice of you to offer and all but anyone can get a set for $170ish through Napa for brembos. they are distributed locally through Affinia directly to NAPA, the same supplier for United Brakes. I got mine for $149 for the set with my wholesale discount for being an employee.
you forget that this is $105 Canadian funds...that's like fifty cents US!
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
_-Night-Shade-_

93SOHC wrote:its nice of you to offer and all but anyone can get a set for $170ish through Napa for brembos. they are distributed locally through Affinia directly to NAPA, the same supplier for United Brakes. I got mine for $149 for the set with my wholesale discount for being an employee.
As far as I know Brembo only makes either Slotted or Cross Drilled rotors for the MX-3, not both. I understand there might be some even better deals out there that I have not come across, I just thought this was a good deal as I have not seen rotors of this quality for such a low price and just thought it would be nice to let others in on such a deal! If you've got something better then good for you.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Too expensive to ship to me so looks like I'm out.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Like I said before im not bashing anyone here im just saying, for the cost you could get brembos. I think its great that members are out there trying to find new products and getting leads for people that need the products. Our make and model has so little aftermarket support anything will help. If anyone wants the affinia/united numbers for availability in the us via napa they can pm me. I dont wanna thread jack here, just trying to help
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

Just out of curiousity, why would you want cross drilled and slotted. It might enhance the look of the car, but it probably reduces the performance.

Cross drilled rotors are good in extreme conditions, like racing, they might give you that little bit of extra cooling....but only after the rotors are really hot. By cross drilling for the street you are removing some of the precious metal that can be used as the heat sink for lower temp braking, and also reducing surface area that the pad might be grabbing onto, especially when your are not increasing the size of the rotor. Cross drilling can produce stress cracks (chamfering reduces this problem a little bit). They are mainly for looks on the street, and do look pretty cool.

Slotted rotors, have multiple shallow slots into the disc’s front and rear surfaces to provide paths to disperse built-up heat and gasses and assist in refreshing the surface of the brake pads. Compared to cross-drilled rotors, machined slots have been widely adopted for racing and street use because they minimize the cracking caused by repeated, high stress, high temperature brake applications.

Also, according to brembo, they do not recommend using OEM Replacement Cross Drilled rotors for track use, however they do say that slotted one could be used on track.
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

_-Night-Shade-_

Ukrman, you ARE right. Lol, it's mainly for looks. I need new rotors anyway, and that's a valid point about surface area but I think it's still an upgrade over stock. And I don't plan on hitting the track very often and it's not like our cars require crazy stopping power anyway.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”