[GI] ITB's for all 4 cyl models

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
4gotn

Re: [GI] ITB's for all 4 cyl models

Post by 4gotn »

93vtecklr wrote:One other thing, for me to get in on this, it would have to be compliant with stock sensors etc. Also, my ex just had the scrappers come by and take all my spare engine parts which were many, so somebody please measure out their manifold.
the product would not be compliant with stock sensors being as the egr and iab will be eliminated and the maf would be replaced with a map sensor. im looking into getting the megasquirts so everything could just be dropped in.
mx-3_4evr wrote:You know making the ITBs yourself it's not that hard or expensive.
my manifolds wont be held together with duct tape and jb weld so they wont be cheap. people are wanting outrageous amounts of $$$$ to make flanges around here. that and the megasquirt i have i still haven't fixed all the kinks in it so i don't want to release a product until i can guarantee it will work.
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny
90 Miata w/ b6, Konig Lightspeed rims, Cams (boost to come soon)
74 Porsche 914 w/ 1.8L - restoration prooject

93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

That works for me too! I got a wiring genius friend of mine, so ms would be a great addition to my project, thanks for the update!
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

by the time im done with the ms unit it should be plug and play but the ms people tell you three different things to fix one problem and none of them work...so im making it work ^_^
diy has some nifty mazda oem style sockets for pigtails so it should be super easy to install this thing.
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Now that I've got MSnS working, it would be pretty easy switch over to ITBs.
I could send you a K8 manifold for free, if you pay shipping.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

fowljesse wrote:Now that I've got MSnS working, it would be pretty easy switch over to ITBs.
I could send you a K8 manifold for free, if you pay shipping.
that would be shvifty
im out of work atm which is why i dont have a finished product so ill have to find some money first
have you ever ms a b6/bp? if so i could use some help :?

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I consider myself lucky that I got mine working :) However, I imagine the install is the same.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

I got my ms2 working with my custom intake wich is almost the same thing your working on, well the engine alomst breaths the same way, i can't wait to see 1/4 mile numbers with thease....I could post my .msq files for every one and would be a good starting point for ppl with a b6, i'm using stock injectors nd stock idle pwm valve
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

well what im having trouble with is the n spark ignition settings
im using a sohc remote coil so im triggering off the neg side of the coil but as of this moment my effing batery is dead so i cant test a damn thing :C
stupid optima

10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

You should try triggering off your hall sensor from your distributor, I'll post my .msq on here soon
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

well i have good news all the way around
my best friend just bought a 92 gs so i can get the dimensions for the itbs
im getting a battery soon so i can fix MY effing car :C
and income tax time is coming soon so ill be able to finish the project through and through ^_^
i hope to have dyno charts n such to put up soon

4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

WOW! ive been busy but my car is still not megasqurting but ive been too busy renovating and moving so ill have to pick up on the project soon...thanx to 10secsim for the reminder

MapaX5
antispam: No

Post by MapaX5 »

hey, what's goin on with this??? i'm in fl, so i might be able to help you if you need any help.
just let me know.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

MapaX5 wrote:hey, what's goin on with this??? i'm in fl, so i might be able to help you if you need any help.
just let me know.
atm im trying to beat my megasquirt silly
i have the ms firing and need to set the timing but its flooding the cylinders so im going to have to lean out the cylinders untill i can get it firing
nothing too complex but ive been renovating a house to live in so my car is a cross town...but ill be towing it today or tomorrow...
after the ms is done all i have to do is get a flange made and the megasquirt will work on the itbs via the map and the gsxr tb sensor

i HAVE NOT started working on the v6 model as of this moment
my roomie has a k8 so ill be building off that to get something going but it will be like the aforementioned picture and will probably suck from straight up so a hood scoop would be VERY beneficial. either way im still going to give the option to purchase the itbs alone but im also going to have some pre-built/pre-programmed ms 2s so everything will be plug and play

MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

lol, ok. let me Know what's goin on w this because i'm in the process of deciding, turbo or ITBs, and would love to have the only ITB setup in FL. i have friends w ITBs on their miatas and they're pretty bad a--.
pm me some prices so we i can figure out what's needed. and i'd probably just get my own MS so no worries there.
thanks!
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

ok, i've tried to PM you a couple times and it won't send...?
here's what i sent, jic...
"dude, it is a definite for me. i want this setup. is there any way you can make it a capri/miata flange instead of the mx-3? it's going on my '94 RS, but i will be using a ported/polished capri head and the flanges are different.,
let me know, and put me down on the list as a deff.
imight even help as a guinea pig? i have another vehicle, so if i have to park this one for a bit till it's all squared away, it'll be no problem"
kmp on this...

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”