Is 104bhp good?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Is 104bhp good?

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

The owner is the poser, not the car. Once voted Playboys "pocket rocket" of the year... the car is not to blame. A poser is someone who dynos a stock car and thinks it's fast.. or a failure. Most of us wrench on our own ride.. makeing more than twice the power they started out with. The B6 DOHC is a good engine; only the lazy, ignorant and poor will have slow cars.
Which one are you? Or is it all the above?
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

we shouldnt take it to personally, obviously he knows nothing about the mx3. has he heard of a BPT or KLZE ? i doubt it.

hes just a bit ignorant...
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

JH1rvey wrote:more or less this car is a stand in whilst I wait for a Celica GT4/All Track. Don't get me wrong MX3 is a lovly little car but it's not a drivers car it's a posers car.
lol you obviously do not know what you're talking about... I'll leave it at that.

I think you're going to be waiting for an all track for a very long time as its an all trac, not ALL TRACK.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah, that's rich. He's driving the middle powered MX-3, and lumps them together. My girlfriend had a 2 Liter Celica, and if I judged all Celicas from it, I would say celicas SUCK! She drove it nicely, after a complete rebuild, and it still blew up (I was in the car, and yes there was fire).
What a tool. Another "I'm going to get blah, blah, blah."
PLease go to a more common forum where what you don't have "yet" counts for somrething, and if you actually get the Celica, and live near me, I'll race you for cash..
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

lol @ lead balloon in this thread.

Here's me posing in my mx-3 ZE vs my mates GT4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghb-N-FHxjI

Oh look I found time between fixing my hair and raybans to win.

I like them but they're just not that fast stock.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:lol: Thanks for that! You're good at posing like you beat him alllll the way down.
I guess you have time to pose, after you "tutel down to the corner shop like a Labrador", and wait for the SRT-4 to catch up.
I didn't read at first that he's in England. There are plenty of MX-3s there to play with.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

JWMX3 wrote:we shouldnt take it to personally, obviously he knows nothing about the mx3. has he heard of a BPT or KLZE ? i doubt it.

hes just a bit ignorant...
I don't think you understood him. He thinks a celica is a "pit bull". I don't think he knows nothing about the MX 3. Judging by his comments, I'm pretty sure he knows absolutely nothing about CARS.

I think ABSOLUTELY IGNORANT would be more accurate... :roll:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

He won't be back, you don't go to a briss with a swastika wrist band.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

fowljesse wrote:if you actually get the Celica, and live near me, I'll race you for cash..
If that happens, you absolutely MUST make a video...
93 MX-3 BP - Worklog
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

WOW! Can i ask a stupid question? Why would someone take the time to come to a site forum for a SPECIFIC car and down that car while bringing up other cars we don't even talk about? I had to laugh at the part where he said he drove his "Dads car" and so the info he states is all based on that event?
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

PoisonDrop wrote:
fowljesse wrote:if you actually get the Celica, and live near me, I'll race you for cash..
If that happens, you absolutely MUST make a video...
I just skimmed his post at first, but then saw that he isn't anywhere near me. The video would look just like Marc's, though, unless his knowledge of driving is the same as his knowledge of MX-3s.
JH1rvey

Post by JH1rvey »

:crying: This was my old mans old car an when he drives it he makes the car perform. I guess I must have clarmed my style of driving as the last time I borrowed my friends GTi I found that it wasn't performing the way I remembered. I was doing thirty 35 miles per hour when before I would have been doing 50-60.

So I am sorry it was me I guess driving nothing but a bus for a year has slowed me down to the point where I think i'm going fast. If anything I must have forgotten that theres life above 1500-2500rmp. Believe me the stock 4 I want came down with around 230bhp so maybe i'm expecting to much from a 1600 then.
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

JH1rvey wrote::crying: This was my old mans old car an when he drives it he makes the car perform. I guess I must have clarmed my style of driving as the last time I borrowed my friends GTi I found that it wasn't performing the way I remembered. I was doing thirty 35 miles per hour when before I would have been doing 50-60.

So I am sorry it was me I guess driving nothing but a bus for a year has slowed me down to the point where I think i'm going fast. If anything I must have forgotten that theres life above 1500-2500rmp. Believe me the stock 4 I want came down with around 230bhp so maybe i'm expecting to much from a 1600 then.
That didn't make a whole lot of sense... never type while you're crying!
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

220bhp for the 3s-gte engine which is a 2.0L engine... which you're comparing to a 1.6 non turbo engine... hmmm...

Maybe compare to a 1.6 b6t or a 1.8 bpt the engine isn't that impressive anymore...
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
edger0587

Post by edger0587 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote: Once voted Playboys "pocket rocket" of the year...
That's is the best thing I've heard. What year was this?
Elegant Beige 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS. CAI, Short throw shifter, 16" miata rims
1992 Mazda miata. Classic red, stock everything
RIP 1994 Mazda mx-3 RS

"Cats make terrible doctors"

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”