people are scared to commit...

Off-Topic Discussions
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: people are scared to commit...

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

You all speak words of wisdom. Of the few relationships I've had, none of them lasted that long and it was never my fault. I always try to make it work. *sigh* It's too hard to find a decent girl these days.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

I was with the same girl for almost 7 years. She was an older woman by 5 years so was ready to slow down. I'm a commitment man myself. I recently separated from my wife so I have some issues to deal with myself. I see from your sig that you're a real car nut. That was where I fell short, all I did was work on my car and trucks. I'm not saying that's your problem either just speaking from my own experience. You have to look at her circle and gauge whether or not you two will be compatible. Who she hangs with will also dictate the kind of person she is. I believe that there is soulmates out there, and there may not be only one girl that you're right for and vice versa. Always lead with your head, don't let your heart make all your decisions for you. You gotta look out for you first.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I didn't let my cars stand in a way between myself and girl. Of course it would be nice if she appreciated what I like and has some interest in it. By no means I want tomboy either.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

93vtecklr wrote:I was with the same girl for almost 7 years. She was an older woman by 5 years so was ready to slow down. I'm a commitment man myself. I recently separated from my wife so I have some issues to deal with myself. I see from your sig that you're a real car nut. That was where I fell short, all I did was work on my car and trucks. I'm not saying that's your problem either just speaking from my own experience. You have to look at her circle and gauge whether or not you two will be compatible. Who she hangs with will also dictate the kind of person she is. I believe that there is soulmates out there, and there may not be only one girl that you're right for and vice versa. Always lead with your head, don't let your heart make all your decisions for you. You gotta look out for you first.
Haha was that directed at me? I only got into cars over the course of this past year :P But also like mitmaks said, I wouldn't let that get in the way.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

No it wasn't meant for you. Kind of my way of admitting it to myself.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.

Return to “Off-Topic”