Moon roof leakage

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Murdastylez15

Moon roof leakage

Post by Murdastylez15 »

I am not sure if anyone else has had this problem, well actually I am sure someone had this problem. But when it rains my moon roof leaks and my seats get soaked and the only place I see water coming from is the corner of my moon roof. I tried to clean all dirt and grime from it by opening it to see if it will enclose tighter to not let anymore water in but it just doesn't help. What should I do? Please help.
Dying to be TURBO CHARGED
jmdearras
antispam: No

Re: Moon roof leakage

Post by jmdearras »

First thing is check the drain tube for that corner. Probably blocked up.

Jim
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

What does your weatherstrip look like?
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Murdastylez15

Post by Murdastylez15 »

The only drainage I can see is coming from the small tunnel that's in the weather stripping around the moon roof. The stripping looks fine. Is there another drainage tube that I should be looking for?
jmdearras

Post by jmdearras »

there is a drain tube at all 4 corners, that come out in the wheel wells. Probably one has filled with crud.

Jim
Murdastylez15

Post by Murdastylez15 »

jmdearras wrote:there is a drain tube at all 4 corners, that come out in the wheel wells. Probably one has filled with crud.

Jim
All right, I will check them out today sometime. Thanks for your help. :D
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

i had the same problem with mine. im pretty sure the guy i got it from put an aftermarket sunroof in as mine is clear and looks different then other ones ive seen. looked at it a few days ago to find he just plugged the drain holes with silicon. i really dont know what they were thinking on that one. i bought a bunch of tubes from homedepot and made my own drain hoses, seems to work alot better now.
jmdearras

Post by jmdearras »

Well, I finally decided to fix my '94 DD sunroof leak. I had assumed it was a plugged drain, however, when I dropped the headliner, the ugly truth appeared. The drain "pan" had rusted through. About a 3 inch section.

Fortunately my '92 donor car, when the headliner was removed, revealed a pristine assembly, no sign of rust.

Swap in progress!

Jim
jmdearras

Post by jmdearras »

The donor sunroof needed serious track cleaning, I used "purple" cleaner on it, with a power washer, and got the old, waxy, dirty stuff off and a new coating of lithium has it sliding smooth!

I also used the same treatment on the headliner panel, and it really came clean! It's a little fragile for the power washer, but a little care kept it intact. It's now drying in our bathroom. :wink:

They are calling for rain monday, so I'll get to test it soon. Then the headliner and carpet can go in!

Jim

Return to “Appearance”