possible engine and trans donor

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
torkair
antispam: No

possible engine and trans donor

Post by torkair »

theres a local guy parting out an 06 mazda 6 that has a 2.3 I4 and a 5 speed. I was wondering if the engine and tranny would swap into an mx3 or if its just too big? I would really like to get it so i can turn it into a turbo I4 or possibly just run it as is.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: possible engine and trans donor

Post by Ryan »

:?

Do you understand the idea at all?

Swaps aren't like playing withe Lego. The designs change so much, its like comparing apples and oranges.

Reasons why the M6 won't fit:
#1 wheel base is different. This means custom axles
#2 M6 engines are intake up front, exhaust down back - custom intake/exhaust
#3 the computer system is WILDLY different - whole harness conversion (strip car buck naked down to frame and rewire)
#4 Engine bay anatomy is entirely different. Welding new, mounts in locations that were never meant to have mounts - sketchy
#5 The cost, both fiscal and time, will be insane.

Just 'cause they both have pistons doesn't make them compatable AT ALL.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
torkair

Post by torkair »

thats the info i was looking for. Im mostly used to doing engine swaps on old fords where youve just gotta worry about engine mounts less than half the time and less so on tranny stuff, but god forbid you own a Gran Torino or Ranchero, stupid mustangs get all the love and none of the headache lol.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Sorry for semi-freakin out. I'm just used to punkass kids who want to swap in a ferrari motor or something equally as stupid. I do know that lots of those old fords were baisically the same mechanically...

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

ryan define punkass kids? lol if i remember correctly were not much older. lol. it was priceless.
It only takes a single voice to start a revolution
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I mean punkass kid like, the usual

"yo I wanna swap a KLZE into my CRX but i dun think that the mownts will match up or if the wiring will work or anything like if hte plugs are the same or whatever do you thikn I can do it will I gain lots of power? I want to be able to spin all the tires with my wikked ebay differential and all taht shiz yo, yah and maybe I'll upgrade the rotors and stuff because it is a mazda right so yeah i want to do taht too and where do I get those awsome halo projektors and do they come in blac also I want to get taht hp chip from ebay do you think those work guys i really want one and it says 85 mpg do you think its true? and so yeah I have this really big sub and I just tapped into the stereo harness to power my ebay amp and it sounds awsome you shud all try it yeah haha i smoke lots of weed all the time and its cool and then i tell my mom and she yells at me for nabbing from her stash yo haha. so yeah I want to maybe get an mx3 but i like my crx it kicks a-- it has so much torque it just wants to pull all over the back streets i race my buddyies down, with my bass poundin in teh back i feel like a real gangsta yo from 2f2f or something haha, with my interior lights and streetglow yeah and my ebay rimz which are true jdm yeah, they cost a lot. so can I turbo my rotary mazda motor when i get it in or do i need ot upgrade the rotors or something i ehard rotaries run two spark plugs is that true should i upgrade those too....."

I quit there only because I SHOULD be doing homework...

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

wow SERVED to all you punk a-- kids. please sticky this.
Ninjaskill

Post by Ninjaskill »

the pistons in my rotary engine are interfering with my ability to think....
'93 Mazda Miata Black and Tan
'94 White Mazda Precidia Rustofantabuloawesomeness
torkair

Post by torkair »

Nice rant, those punk a-- kids are even rougher to deal with in person, they think theyre the top dog when it comes to cars but havent a clue whats what when they open the hood, let alone when they actually get inside the motor. My torino is about a year or so from being anywhere near driveable and I absolutely despise this damn honda that I have to drive every day, the reason I want to work with an mx3 is because theyre pretty good looking cars, fairly decent on gas, and its pretty rare to see one riced to hell and back unlike all these hondas and neons you see every day.
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

nice someone who shares a hate passion for hondas and neons. the only honda i would consider driving is a 93 or earlier hatch back.
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

Hate to mention this, but a group of coworkers and I were talking about my car over lunch ... One of them had never heard of or seen an MX-3, and asked what it looked like. Mike, the other coworker said it looks like the "2-door bastard child of a Dodge Neon and a late 90s Camaro". Which after spending a week learning a morphing program I had done a morph between the cars ... yeah about 64% camaro and 36% neon.
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”