Ryan's been having a few bad months.

Off-Topic Discussions
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Ryan's been having a few bad months.

Post by Ryan »

Okay, I'm getting pretty sick of all this BS, so I'm going to rant.

sometime near the end of september I blacked out while driving home, crossed the oncoming (highway) lane during rushour, and dropped into a good 8' ditch, dostroying my A pillar on a culvert. I was unconscious, and the cops were there, and some poor girl was trying to open the door, and couldn't because the car was sideways, and our doors are freaking heavy. I pushed the pasenger side floor mat off of my face, tried to find they key to turn the car off, found my phone on the hatch class, which was submerged in water, and failed to find my wallet, and stood on the side of the seat and crawled out. Sat in a cop car while they put some rediculous neck brace on me, and we went to the hospital.

About two weeks later, in a car that was lent to my by one of our awesome family friends, I rear ended some oriental lady who had stopped in the middle of the road to let some jackass in who sped down the closed lane an tried to merge at the front. The brakes on that protege SUCK! My Mx would have definately made the stop, but that car felt like the brake pads were made of felt.

So, there were two little imprints on her bumper from my licence plate screws, and my bumper was entirely undamaged.

I wound up dishing out $500 to keep it away from autopac. I still owe autopac $200 on my next licence renewal from the MX.

I booked a doctors appointment, out of my own curiousity for what may have happened to me, and it took untill the middle of october to get a date. About a months wait. I'm going for an EKG and an echocardiogram, for now. Also, my blood pressure is low enoug that he checked twice, because he thought he did it wrong the first time.

So, this saturday I get an expresspost. my mother had one the same day, telling her that the ruined MX has to go through Body Integrity before it gets registered again, but I don't care because I'm parting it out.

My expresspost is a notice of suspension, becaues I may have a medical condition that makes me unfit to drive. Starting tuesday.

I commute 60km to school three days a week.
I work at a dealership, driving cars, one day a week.
I also work about a mile and a half away two days a week. I could bike, but its snowing now, and at this job I have to shower in and out. You go biking a minute after you get out the the shower in subzero temperatures.

So, I get this letter on saturday. Its effective Tuesday. Monday is a holiday.

Well, s---! I call their number but their answering machine goes like this - "Our office is now closed. beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"

So now i have to "return" my licence to some address in downtown winnipeg, at least an hours drive from me. How do I do that without a licence? I live with only my mother, and she works 12 hours a day, 6 days a week.
I can't get to either of my jobs, I can't get to school. I live 8km from the nearest TOWN... driving isn't an option around here, there is no bus to take, and you can't bike in -40. I'm absolutely fucked.

I need to get my phsician (remeber it took a month to make the last appointment) to fill out this paper, foreward it to them, wait for them to review it, then I have to go get ANOTHER licence and PAY them for it.

So what the hell do I do?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Re: Ryan's been having a few bad months.

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

If it were me, Id keep driving anyway and hope I dont get pulled over. Drive like an old lady so you dont attract attention.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

ryan we could talk all day about brain problems...

i was the kid in school who had to get a hole drilled in his head:/
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I think I'm going to call on tuesday (after I drive to work and back) and ask for an expemtion regarding school. If not, thats 6k, and a year of my life gone. I'm gonna be super-pissed.

See if I can rush the doctor thing, I'll go to walk in after work. If he can just fill that paper out and fax it over, this may all be over within a week.

Unfortunately its exam week....

Driving regardless, unless I honestly need to, is a bad idea. driving on suspended = $$$ and NO licence for YEARS. Not worth the risk, although the mile to work and back isn't bad. I usually don't bring my wallet anyway.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

My license got suspended out of the blue once. I missed a court date to resolve my "improper muffler" ticket, and I called them. They said they'd send me the info that I would have to pay the fine plus court fees, no biggie. A month later, I get a letter saying that my license is suspended because of an unpaid ticket. Later I when I called them that it was upto me to follow up on that (not what the first lady said of course). And of course, I get my mail at my parents house, which is an hour and a half drive to where I was working/living at the time. I decided to take the 626, since it's under my dad name so it wouldn't pull up on the system if a cop randomly checked the plate, and it was much less conspicuous than the mx-3. I drove around for a week with a suspended license until I got that sorted out. Had to, no choice.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Anything I can do to help, let me know...
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

:? Sounds like you're having it rough. Good luck with everything.

Although we pay a ton for it, and the system needs to be fixed, I am happy with the medical care available here across the border. My parents have had good insurance since I was born, and I am very lucky for that.
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

Wait ryan.. did you say 6000 dollars for gettin your brain checked out? i thought canadians had free health care?

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

No he's talking about 6k for school.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Damn, some bad luck dude... I hope everything works out and turns out for the better.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

ryan we all have bad weeks like this. i happen to have one where my brakes went out and i ran 4 redlights not thinking about throwing it in neutral and then ending up in some lady's front yard.(i shortened the story) then a week later the same car after getting it out of the shop. the engine caught fire and i was still driving till the inside filled up with smoke. but i hope every thing is alright with you now.
It only takes a single voice to start a revolution
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

if it was me, i somehow never got that letter... ignorance is bliss and all :shrug:
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

So, I called the people, and they say there is no way possible around this, and I MUST do as the letter says.

I have a doctors appointment for this coming Thursday.

If I call and b---- at the other people, I may have my licence back for the following week.

If not, I have at least 3 weeks wait. Thats long enough to get me kicked out of school and lose both my jobs.

Hm. Here's to hoping.

Green GS - Sold.
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
Feedback
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

dude have your mom or dad or friends help you through this?

umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

You won't get kicked out of school. If worst comes to worst and you can't get there for a couple-three weeks, go and see an Engineering student advisor. Judy in the main office has helped me through some really tough times. You'd be amazed at what people can do for you if you're willing to swallow your pride and ask for some help every once in awhile.

Also, don't forget that you can see a counsellor in University Center anytime you want, it's paid for in your tuition fees.

Good luck.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread

Return to “Off-Topic”