Thinking for the future about a new project...

Off-Topic Discussions
onlytrueromeo

Re: Thinking for the future about a new project...

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Hmm, definitely scratch the 300 from the list though. Having and older Z car would be cool though someday.

MSP protege is nice, but again, I want something that also looks sporty. I would never bash anyone w/ enough taste to get one of those or an older VW - but I'd rather have the mx3 than any of those.

A corrado is nice as well, but I don't know much about them. Someone's got one up here near me, looks real nice. I've seen it up on jackstands, if I ever catch him working on it I will prob stop by.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Hmm, definitely scratch the 300 from the list though. Having and older Z car would be cool though someday.

MSP protege is nice, but again, I want something that also looks sporty. I would never bash anyone w/ enough taste to get one of those or an older VW - but I'd rather have the mx3 than any of those.

A corrado is nice as well, but I don't know much about them. Someone's got one up here near me, looks real nice. I've seen it up on jackstands, if I ever catch him working on it I will prob stop by.
I almost got my buddies g60 corrado before I bought my first MX. To this day I wish I had bought it :( The 90-91 corrados are a 1.8L supercharged SOHC 4cyl that made like 130-140hp.. 92+ were VR6's which were the older style vr6, something like 170hp. The wing in the back goes up once you are doing like 50 or 70km/h and I remember just loving his car, it was really nice. If I ever sold my MX3, I would probably get a Corrado or a MSP just because of the rarity and styling of the cars.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

The styling of the corrado is great. I would only go for the VR6 version, as I have no need for another 4 cyl. car.

Right now the FC RX7 is #1 spot, MX3 #2 and FD #3, if cost was not as big of a concern, FD is #1.

I'd be putting a V8 in regardless, unless I got a car w/ a good motor to begin with.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

13b turbz are cheap at JDM auto importers, something like 1k. Keep that in mind.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ah, in the same boat as me are you?
93vtecklr wrote:Ever thought about a bmw?
There's a saying for BMW's...just cause you can afford to own one doesn't mean you can afford to maintain them...and I know a few examples of this...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Considering you gotta pay a shop 300 plus dollars whichever currency just to reset the oil light, that's true. We love mx's because their remarkably cheap to maintain. And styling is yet to be matched.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

93vtecklr wrote:Considering you gotta pay a shop 300 plus dollars whichever currency just to reset the oil light, that's true. We love mx's because their remarkably cheap to maintain. And styling is yet to be matched.
hear hear!

And I must say.. with the 4cyl in there.. there is lots of room to work. I've seen some 4cyl's that can be a PITA but ours is great!
Stonefly
antispam: No

Post by Stonefly »

I Love the ST185 Celica :love: ... but they are a pain to find in good condition... One thing I've always wanted to do was take a 1977 Celica GT Liftback and swap the entire set-up from a ST185 or 165... stupid light chassis that looks like a mini boss mustang... another option is to toss the 7mgte in... Next project after the Mx-3 will have to be the 77
Mx-3 Project: After-Midnight

Return to “Off-Topic”