Performance Intake

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MapaX5
antispam: No

Performance Intake

Post by MapaX5 »

OK, so i tried to drive the car today, and it's stumbling and strugling really bad... come to find out, the air intake pipe is broken.
went online and K&N sells the same intake kit for '91-'94. but i thought the pipe was different since we have that MAF instead of the flapper... am i off? will the same fit?
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
MapaX5

Re: Performance Intake

Post by MapaX5 »

Oh, and i'm thinking something in the likes of "superk"s intake.
If you read this, dude, i'm gonna pm you for some better pics.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

so it's a 4 cyl then? what year? the integra intake is much cheaper and will fit a dohc.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

I just used the Ebay kit for my intake. It has worked excellent ever since I got it and only cost me about.. 50 bucks i think...
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:so it's a 4 cyl then? what year? the integra intake is much cheaper and will fit a dohc.
yes, it's a 4 cyl, DOHC. a 94 MT. and what integra intake are you talking about?
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Did you get my message? Did they answer your questions?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

ya, something like a 94 integra intake seems to ring a bell.. you better http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/search.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; just to be safe.

$20 on ebay should do it.. then get a good filter to put on it.
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

SuperK wrote:Did you get my message? Did they answer your questions?
yeah, got it. but at $100 it's still a lil expensive. let me look on the local forums see if anyone's got an integra intake i can snag. thanks very much for the pics
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I believe it's the prelude intake... here's a link

http://cgi.ebay.ca/88-91-HONDA-PRELUDE- ... 286.c0.m14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

all hoses should hook right up. cheap as hell too.

Edit:
you might need a couple extra rubber couplers to join your maf b4 the filter
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

wow haha. When I went on ebay I can't even find the intake I used. Glad I got it when I did! I only paid 50 bucks for it too..
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

yeah, SuperK sent me the link to the original sell, and for the company that sells it now. they're like $89 plus shipping.... i'm not paying $100 to "go slower" lol.
thanks guys. i've found a local guy with an intake he wants to sell... i'll see how much work there is needed to do it and post accordingly.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”