Rough idle problem

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
TMP39

Rough idle problem

Post by TMP39 »

ok the big cylinder catylitic converter type deal on the b6 manifold before the actual cat had everything taken out of it so its pretty much jsut an empty chamber. would that not mess up my o2 sensors because they would bot hbe reading the eact same now? and my question is if i move the second o2 sensor behind my cat will it fix the problem of having a rough idle?

dont tell me to "search" cause i did.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Rough idle problem

Post by Daninski »

O2 sensors will not effect your idle. Your gas milage may suffer and you'll fail and clean air test. You can't move the senors like that, they send voltage readings to the ECU and those values are from a predetermined position within your exhaust system
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

ok so i dont move the sensors....than what should i do?
vansolrick

Post by vansolrick »

What is your idle at when cold and warm?

I don't see how having any of that gutted can cause a problem unless it's because you need to compensate somehow.

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”