Update on the Goldmember

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Update on the Goldmember

Post by Mooneggs »

amazing mx-3... Everything looks so simple and OEM on it and you are probably one of the fastest mx-3's on this forum!

I hope to have your same suspension/wheel setup soon :)
projectB10
Supporting Member

Post by projectB10 »

The Goldmember is one very very cool MX3. Congratulations...love that car!!! :D
Eunos Presso HI-XS, KLZE, KL47 IM+TB, MX6 LSD box OEM front s/bar, Outlaw IM+TB thermalbloks, lightened K801 fly, XTD Stage 3 clutch & cover balanced to f/wheel, mbolin tranny saver , short shifter, SRD shifter bushings- H&R Springs and Koni inserts, MSpeed engine mounts, SS brake and clutch lines, PRM CAI, Whiteline rear strut and swaybar, 7x17 Konig/Maxxim Fourteen rims, and stuff.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Thanks to everyone for all the compliments, it's become a project of details lately to really get that understated clean look that just kinda leaves people staring when you pop the hood.
Mooneggs wrote:amazing mx-3... Everything looks so simple and OEM on it and you are probably one of the fastest mx-3's on this forum!
That's what I was going for. I made it the way Mazda "should have" made it. A career dealer tech saw it at the track one day, his comment was "sure is a lot easier than the way Mazda did it" The only downside is the incredible simplicity and cleanness I went for hurts it at shows more than it helps. No one knows the difference between a stock one and what I've done so they just assume it came that way and the judges pass on it. In a way, that's the ultimate compliment too. It means I did such a good job that people really believe it was designed to be that way.
WhiteFinish wrote:Looks nice !! Respect for all the work !

Couple questions
Where did you leave the fusebox?
Where did you get the d2's are they custom?
The fusebox is my own little secret. :wink: I'll give ya hint though, I only had to extend one wire to relocate it plus the obvious alternator wiring that runs across the front of the block now runs behind on the bottom of the firewall.

The D2s are a stocking part number from D2, bolt right on.

Once again, thanks for all the kind words. There's a lot more attention to detail in this car than most people notice. For sport, I like to post comparison shots to a stock engine bay.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Who's the non-PS belt holding up? Last I read, I think either you or someone else ran into a problem*...

*Unless that problem is being too awesome
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Flyer wrote:Who's the non-PS belt holding up? Last I read, I think either you or someone else ran into a problem*...

*Unless that problem is being too awesome
Too awesome would be the problem :lol:

I haven't had a single issue with it. It's been on there for a long time now. I've taken it on and off during motor swaps and a recent water pump change and still never had a single issue, works perfectly.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

hppwdn wrote:...It's a little more complicated if you have AC and want to keep it, but nothing someone with moderate electrical ability can't tackle.
Crap. Wiring makes my thinker box hurt.
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

Amazing build and attention to detail!!!!

I imagine there are plenty of details on your car on this forum somewhere, but I havent looked around in awhile. It would be nice to see some specs in this thread as well. Like hp and et's if you have them.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

timpronk wrote: hp and et's if you have them.
hppwdn wrote:FLYRTLE 5.0 is here. Sept 19-20, 2009, West Palm Beach, FL
Flyrtle...Where Boosted KLs Live

MX3ZE with the squirt and stuff - 193whp All Motor.Boosted KLDE now, 12.718@113, 8psi, street tires, pump gas Click for Modlist
You're welcome. :wink:
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”