I'm afraid I've done a terrible thing...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Savin

Re: I'm afraid I've done a terrible thing...

Post by Savin »

I REALLY like the colors. Very nice fade. Lose the evo front and put the emblem on the right way then you're set! (It looks upside down anyway) :mrgreen:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

i like it... f--- what other people think of it...

build YOUR car like you want it not like others want it...
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The_Silencer
antispam: No

Post by The_Silencer »

Savin wrote:I REALLY like the colors. Very nice fade. Lose the evo front and put the emblem on the right way then you're set! (It looks upside down anyway) :mrgreen:
AHHA!! I didn't even notice that I put the emblem on upside down after the paint. I'm going to have to fix that its gonna bother the living s--- out of me!
vancouverwa

Post by vancouverwa »

brother stick with original parts. jdm, usdm, ukdm, ect... and loose the tails lights too. and remember if it doesnt benifit performance its probably not worth getting lol start with basics. lowering your car, and gettin some clean rims not to big make a huge dif. if you want a cleaner lookin ride. you might want to consider rota, drags, maybe even diamond racing steelies for rims. there some of the cheaper performance rims that are "in style" just make sure you dont buy to cheap of parts that will inhibit your performance. maybe also consider ford zx-2 tokico struts and h&r springs.
VANNY STYLE
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Looks good, i like the rear bumper, looks like if thats how it was meant to look.

You do need rims tho... looks awkward without rims.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
The_Silencer

Post by The_Silencer »

hgallegos915 wrote:Looks good, i like the rear bumper, looks like if thats how it was meant to look.

You do need rims tho... looks awkward without rims.
I know! i REALY need rims... but my tires have been going flat lately for no apparent reason? I tested them and I can't find a leak or anything, so I was thinking about buying a tire and rim package... the only problem is I'm worried what I buy won't fit my car.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The stock tire size is 205/55/15 on a 15x6" rim.

so on a 16x6" rim, 205/50/16 is .81% bigger, on a 16x7" rim 215/45/16 is 1% smaller.

or on a 17x6" rim 205/45/17 is 1.5% bigger, on a 17x7" rim 215/40/17 is .45% smaller.

Stock offset is 45mm. Make sure you don't do less than that or you'll rub the struts.

That's it.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
The_Silencer

Post by The_Silencer »

So, If I buy 17x7 rims with 205/40 tires it will fit fine?

p.s. thanks for your patience with me :mrgreen:
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Buddy, if you like how your car looks, then good for you. You're entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.

The front bumper makes me cry. I almost want to pool a MX-3 donation to ship you a nice european stock bumper.
Almost. Then I realize there's a big waiting list of peoples who would be really angry if I skipped them.

16 is the sweet spot imo. remember you go bigger, you go slower.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The_Silencer wrote:So, If I buy 17x7 rims with 205/40 tires it will fit fine?

As SuperK says, there's a point at which wheels get too big. The larger the wheel, the farther from the center the majority of the wheel's mass will be rotating and that makes it harder to accelerate. Also lower profile tires require a much thicker carcass to maintain their shape and so they are intrinsically heavier. A 17" wheel/tire combo will be noticeably heavier than the stock wheels and you will feel a loss in acceleration.

Lots of people run 17's and love them. In my opinion 16x7 is the perfect wheel for this car. If there are potholes in your town...and I assume there are, it's pretty easy to break a 17" wheel with 40 series rubber bands for tires. But again it's up to you. I'm just here to make sure you're informed.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
The_Silencer

Post by The_Silencer »

wytbishop wrote:
The_Silencer wrote:So, If I buy 17x7 rims with 205/40 tires it will fit fine?

As SuperK says, there's a point at which wheels get too big. The larger the wheel, the farther from the center the majority of the wheel's mass will be rotating and that makes it harder to accelerate. Also lower profile tires require a much thicker carcass to maintain their shape and so they are intrinsically heavier. A 17" wheel/tire combo will be noticeably heavier than the stock wheels and you will feel a loss in acceleration.

Lots of people run 17's and love them. In my opinion 16x7 is the perfect wheel for this car. If there are potholes in your town...and I assume there are, it's pretty easy to break a 17" wheel with 40 series rubber bands for tires. But again it's up to you. I'm just here to make sure you're informed.
Wow, Thanks man that's really helpful information. I'm definitely going with 16's now. I guess I didn't realize all the factors that could go in to making this decision. So now I just have to decide what I want to buy. It's just tough with not being able to see the rim only a picture! but I think i found ones that I like. What do you guys think of these?
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelClo ... sort=Brand

I'm just not sure how well the black rim look will go...
seboroth

Post by seboroth »

Wheres your antenna?
95' Mazda Mx-3
1986 bmw 325e-rust in peace
1996 Subaru Outback-Sold
2002 Bmw 325XIT
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

IF you go down the page there...you will see a blue car...there's a link that says "View this wheel on your 1992 Mazda MX-3"

click it.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Ninjaskill

Post by Ninjaskill »

if you are going to oversize your wheels then i highly suggest you see this link:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
'93 Mazda Miata Black and Tan
'94 White Mazda Precidia Rustofantabuloawesomeness

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”