[WTB] 2.5l auto transmission in socal

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
brndck
antispam: No

[WTB] 2.5l auto transmission in socal

Post by brndck »

Hi, i'm a noob here, 1st post (plz don't flame!)
i've got a 93 mx3 2.5l v6 and my trans has started slipping pretty heavily
i was quoted over $1k to replace/rebuild, but i'd rather just get a known good one and swap it in myself (i'm an ase master tech with 8+ years experience)
so what i'm looking for is a GOOD auto trans, hopefully in the socal area, I live in costa mesa.
only looking to spend a couple hundred dollars on it. if its too expensive, i'll just sell the car instead.
its my 3rd car so its not my highest priority.
mx3 for sale!!!
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/1364255404.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mazdags94

Re: [WTB] 2.5l auto transmission in socal

Post by mazdags94 »

It's cheaper and more reliable just to swap over to manual. Unless you don't like manual of course...
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

MANUAL SWAP TIME
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
brndck
antispam: No

Post by brndck »

i've been reading all the threads about doing a 5spd swap and it seems like far more work than i want to invest in the car.
its my 3rd car and i rarely ever drive it. my other 2 cars are both 5spd and its nice to have something that i can just sit in and not hafta constantly be shifting and clutching. finding all the necessary bits to do a manual swap is more headache than i want to invest in. i'm leaving town in 3 weeks (i'll be gone for 3 months) and i just wanted to have the car fixed by then.

anyone wanna buy it?
\/\/\/\/\/\/
mx3 for sale!!!
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/1364255404.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

I have an atx that I'll sell you for 25 plus ship. It didn't slip when I drove it last and I don't need it anymore. You'd prolly spend about 130-140 shipped to where you are. Lemme know, as I've shipped a tranny before.

Brian
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

25 dollar transmission?! :lol:
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

How many people WANT an ATX these days (on these boards) :) ? I couldn't get anything more for it since they really aren't worth much to anyone. Most people switch to MTX bc of reliability. I figured I'd help someone out before I scrapped it. It shifts fine, I just don't want to look at it in my garage anymore.

You dont see too many WTB for ATX's.... 8)
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Just FYI, I needed to make room in my garage so the transmission was junked. Sorry... still have a torque converter and atx flywheel if anyone needs them.

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”