Racingmazda.com's Turbo

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jkbreazeale

Racingmazda.com's Turbo

Post by jkbreazeale »

Has anybody tried their stage I setup on a SOHC? They got a picture of it and its bolted up to a B6ME. Just wondering if anybody has tried it.

http://www.racingmazda.com/mx3-turbo.htm
1993 MX-3 RS (my project car) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815854 <- Check out my Cardomain!
1995 MX-3 RS (wife's project car)
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Racingmazda.com's Turbo

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I am told that they stopped making that over a year ago IIRC. I guess they just never update their website
jkbreazeale

Post by jkbreazeale »

Well... thats just great. Um... OK well is there a turbo manifold on the market that is close enough to match the SOHC?
1993 MX-3 RS (my project car) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815854 <- Check out my Cardomain!
MapaX5
antispam: No

Post by MapaX5 »

i don't see why it would be any different than the DOHC. if i'm not mistaken Corksport was going to build headers that would fit both. but i might be mistaken. i would like a 2nd opinion, as i'm about ready to buy a turbo to put on my snail. and would like to know if i need to swap heads first or if it'll bolt up. thanks.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

the sohc and dohc use different exhaust bolt patterns as for the intake side as well. Where do this idea's come from??? Now u know if the exhaust side where the same more people would have used the turbo manifold from the b6T on a sohc. Like they do for the B6DE..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

wow, i did not know that they had diff bolt patterns. i had looked through the forum, and in one of the threads, where the SOHC dude wants to swap to a DOHC off a capri, and someone else had told him to keep his own IM so he had the intake to the side, not "over the valve cover" like the one in the capri. i might have misread it... if i did, i apologize.
and Advance Auto also showed me an exhaust mani gasket and it looked just like the DOHC. i've got a SOHC, but got plenty of miata parts, so i had a personal interest.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

ooh, and on the SOCH-DOHC swap threads, i haven't seen anyone pointing out the fact that you'd need a new exhaust mani.
jkbreazeale

Post by jkbreazeale »

So... I guess I am SOL until someone decides to make a manifold fit for turbo huh... Do they make a Probe 2.0 Turbo Header? I know after port matching that this header will work...
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I don't know how people can never find anything?
This is where I got my dohc mani kit. It has a couple extra stud holes in it that I did not use on my dohc. This may work for the SOHC. It does end up looking the same as turbomazdas.
BTW. hope you got some skills.

http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/index2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edit. seems to work better when the link is pasted into the post. Odd.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

On page 1 of my WL, you get a shot of the flange bolt pattern. Compare it to your exhaust gasket and then order the mofo if it's correct
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 74&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jkbreazeale

Post by jkbreazeale »

I'm sure the question has probably been answered elsewhere... but would the 323 turbo manifold fit the B6-ME? Or am I still out of luck. I read an article from a guy that built up a B6-ME and mentioned something about using the 323 turbo manifold.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Did you check my turbo mani's bolt pattern to your sohc gasket?
jkbreazeale

Post by jkbreazeale »

Honestly no I haven't lemme guess. No where even close to fitting
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Im going to have to school this post. Where do u guys get these ideas and i read from :confused2:. But not today
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”