Group buy Front Lip???

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: Group buy Front Lip???

Post by Mnemonic »

Why don't you just talk to mark (mooneggs) i'm sure if you guys want to get them made, and its in CF he would be willing to help out :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

I counted 10 members in this thread....

FG or CF= Same mold

who has got a spare GS front lip?

When do I start? :freak:

What is a reasonable cost for the lip?

I'll figure out if its viable or not.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:who has got a spare GS front lip?
I got one sitting in my storage locker that will proibably be there for awhile.
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

in 3 days there were 16 posts...

Its gone quiet again. CLEARLY the demand for these is sketchy at best.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

It's not the demand that's sketchy...it's the income of those with the demand and their subsequent desire to commit said funds.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I was on Holidays hence my lack of comment. I guess the demand would be IAW EZ's cost prediction. I have to say again that if we were to look into this wouldn't the JDM lip be a more popular and nicer looking option?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I have something cooking on my own...I'll get back to you.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Swaid

Post by Swaid »

im down for a front lip... i need one bad
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I've been talking with a custom body/fabrication place here in Edmonton to make a copy of the JDM lip which would be modified to match the lines of the A-spec front bumper with no fogs.

I should have an idea what the mould and the finished parts would cost next week sometime. I currently have no idea what he's going to come back with. I'm curious from you all, if there is a realistic possibility that a number of people would want a JDM aggressive lip that would bolt straight up to their stock bumper with the factory hardware?

I'll crunch the numbers and figure out what it'll cost and how many confirmed buyers I need and blahblahblah, but I'm curious to know what you all would think that was worth.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Jeez Charlie I have no idea.... I would be interested, but to tell you the truth, I'd need to see the finished product, with a price tag before I make a decision. I would drive up there today if the price was right! I'd like to see that dang bumper on your car before you worry about lips for other people....
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I plan to smooth it a little. Make it look a bit sharper. I will remove the dip where it goes around the fog lights so it will look right bolted to an A-spec bumper. Make the joint in the center less noticeable. I'm dropping it off tomorrow to get a quote from the guy...so we'll see. If I can't do it for less than $300 I don't think i'd get much interest.

I hoped to have it on the Purple Beast before winter, but now I'm thinking I better wait till spring.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
xxwhiteboyjim22xx

Post by xxwhiteboyjim22xx »

I'm down :)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Wow, from thought to almost production so soon. But yes price is always on everyones mind so in saying that who can say they at least have an interest in this and have a reasonable expectation of being able to couch up a few hundered dollars (Canadian that is) :) I'd like to see the price closer to around $225-$250.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Yes...$250CDN is my goal as well. I think that would be reasonable price. I've seen the other work that this company has done and it's incredible. They won the "Best Mopar on the Planet" award a couple of years ago for a Roadrunner they did. These guys are amazing.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I showed my lip to a guy here who runs a custom hot-rod resto mod shop. His fiberglass genius said sure, if I wanted to make just one, he could do it no problem, but to make a production mold would not really be up their alley.

He did however refer me to a friend of his who he says could do it in his sleep. I am going to go see him next week. I am also going to inquire about having him repair my stock GS lip and make a mold of that as well.

I still don’t have pricing, but I’m certain now that it can be done relatively easily.

BTW, the guy said that as far as factory parts go it was one of the best made plastic body parts he’s seen.
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “Appearance”