lost my alarm zapper! help!

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
monkeynutcharlie
antispam: No

lost my alarm zapper! help!

Post by monkeynutcharlie »

hi there

I lost my alarm zapper on the weekend :( . i tried to start the car this morning with just the spare key but the alarm goes off and the engine is immobilised

its a 94 mx3 v6

the installed security system is called 'finishing line'

im totally stuck! i cant find a website for finishing line or any information about disabling the immobiliser

any help would be great - if you dont want to post about disabling the immobiliser for security reasons please send a private message ---

again... if you have any advice it would be great ..... walking to work takes forever!!

thanks in advance!

Stu
monkeynutcharlie

Re: lost my alarm zapper! help!

so after some investigation - the finish line alarm was made by cobra

i have called a car audio/ electronics company and they are going to take a look to see what can be done. fingers crossed :)
monkeynutcharlie

i want to try to put it into 'valet' mode to allow me to drive it to the garage

i cannot find the damn immobiliser!!! looked under the hood .... under the dashboard on both driver and passenger seats

i did notice an electrical box with a few wires going into it under the passenger seat - yet it has no markings nor any button to press

any ideas....?
prehaps you could tell me where your immob is located

its a 94 mx3 1.8 v6 - finish line security system - which aparently is an after market one as the 94 did not come with it.

Many thanks in advance
monkeynutcharlie

Thanks for all the advice guys

I managed to find the immobiliser switch hidden behind the right side of the glove box
it did nothing ... tried various combinations but still no joy

i really needed to use the car this evening so i have ripped out all the alarm and immobiliser and through sheer blind luck the car starts fine and the electrics all work ok

no more remote locking or alarm for now but im not too fussed

was without the car for about 5 days ..... you really miss the purr of your mx3 when it isnt there! dont think ill ever sell it..... think ill retire it in a year or so and look to get an rx7

I wonder if it has that same charm!

cheers all and thanks for your help

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”