mx3 is totaled

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
cweed
antispam: No

mx3 is totaled

Post by cweed »

so on monday some b---- in a lexus suv hits me from behind while I was stopped at a red light. she says to get an estimate and if its reasonable she'll pay for it without having to deal with the insurance, I agree all i want was my car fixed without any insurance bs. so I take it to 2 different body shops and they both tell me the same thing, its totaled. :evil: apparently both rails are bent, theres floor damage, rear panel is smashed, trunk wont open and bumper is ruined. blue book value for my gs is 2300, the guy at the body shop told me they'll probably give me 1800-2000 for the car and what I can do is offer to buy the car back for about 4-500 bucks and with the rest of the money get it repaired. but so far I don't know what to do, I love the mx3 but from what they say the rear is pretty fucked up. I'll look around for another one. also, the accident happened the same day that i put on a new polished valve cover that had a mirror shine and ordered a cold air for looks. s---
'94 GS 1.8 V6 5 Speed Manual - cold air intake - hei mod - klze awaiting install
onlytrueromeo

Re: mx3 is totaled

Post by onlytrueromeo »

You can argue that the car is worth more if there is sufficient reason. Custom engine, suspension, interior work etc. can go a bit. I know I wouldn't get the 10k thats in my car, but I sure as hell wouldn't settle for 2k.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

would she be willing to buy you another mx-3? Its in the same range as the repairs, and she wouldn't have to get insurance involved and you would still get to keep your older one for parts...

Though to be honest with you, I've learned from experience... Just go through the insurance company, they'll total it out, you'll get a check and you can buy another one. When my SE got taken out the insurance company tried to only give me 2k for it, and were going to total it out, I ended up with keeping the car with them not totaling out and getting a check for 3200 for the cost of repairs...

Had to show proof that I did all that I said I did but They gave me more... Though lets be honest I didn't repair the body lol I just ended up spending it on more car parts lol.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

youre doing her HUGE favor by not reporting it. Maybe you shouldve called cops though just so they would witness/report it. She should deal with you and don't let her run you around. if you decide to total it get aftermarket parts off of it for another mx3 in future.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Anytime there is an accident, you should ALWAYS call the cops. If she cooses not to report it to her insurance, that's different. Currently, she could refuse to do anything, and you'd be out of luck, if there is no police report, and her's is fixed, there is no evidense.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Valid point, I hope at least have photos/witnesses. Good luck with it all though dude, that's very unfortunate.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
cweed

Post by cweed »

so i decided I'm just gonna stick with the mx3, I'll buy it back from the insurance company and use the leftover money they give me to get it repaired. theres an mx3 precidia at a junkyard near me, ill just grab the rear bumper off it and paint the car primer black so theres no mixed colors, also when I get an ed body kit it will match until I get it painted luxury black. I just want my car fixed so when I go to the import racing meet up on wednesdays I dont feel awkward with my car messed up, yesterday I was contemplating racing the mx3 but decided not to until its fixed (also the cops raided the meet early)
'94 GS 1.8 V6 5 Speed Manual - cold air intake - hei mod - klze awaiting install
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Filing an accident report does not oblige any party to use insurance. It merely documents that the incident occurred. Always always report every accident no matter how minor the the police. It is your only proof of what happened when the other party starts dicking you around.

I would not buy back a car with the damage you described. Take the money, and before they pick it up get your new parts off it. Another MX3 will come along.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
cweed

Post by cweed »

I was thinking about letting the mx3 go and finding another one, I looked around on craigslist and only found a few jacked up RS's no GS which I like, and on top of that the rs's i found were automatic, theres no way in hell I'm driving an automatic (no offense to any auto drivers). mx3's are hard to come by so I'm just gonna stick with it and get it repaired. I can probably get it fixed for about 600-800 (what the guy at the shop told me) so either way I'll still keep my mx3, get it fixed and have a little extra cash in my pocket. worse case scenario, I'll get rid of the mx3 and get an s14 or something

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”