[WTB] Exhaust System - to the Rear of OBX Probe KL Headers

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
ganue
Supporting Member

[WTB] Exhaust System - to the Rear of OBX Probe KL Headers

Post by ganue »

Looking to buy a 2.5" stainless steel (ideally) exhaust system that fits the OBX headers. Send pictures if you "think" it will fit as I can cut/weld/have a flange welded if required. Trying to save a few bucks and get a better quality system than the local muffler shop would hack together. Ontario is OK if you can meet halfway...

Neighbors are looking forward to a good deal!!! Running open headers on a ZE - not so good to all other ears but ours....

Oh - and no rice can please......and for clarity - I don't need headers...and...shhhhh....cat is not required - you know...off road only....
1993 GS SE - "slow" (Stock) - SOLD
1993 GS SE - "fast" (Curved neck KLZE, OBX headers, custom 2.5" exhaust, KL36 ECU, Exedy Probe GT clutch, KL36 LSD - the real one, Lantis Type R lefthand halfshaft - unfortunately worth mentioning)- SOLD

1993 GS SE - acquired 4/28/2013, SOLD February 28, 2015

1985 RX-7 GSL-SE - SOLD
2003 VW GTI 1.8T
2009 Mazda5 Grand Touring
Postman2K

Re: [WTB] Exhaust System - to the Rear of OBX Probe KL Headers

Post by Postman2K »

i have a cat. back exhaust w/ Ractive muffler, would prefer to sale w/ 626/Mx6 cat. check link

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71051" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2007 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Phantom Blue Mica) - DAILY DRIVER
2004 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Passion Lava Orange) - FOR SALE
1994 Mazda Mx-3 GS (Laguna Blue) - RETIRED/JUNKED
1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS (Dark blue) - SOLD
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

If the above sale doesn't work out, maybe try the Pacesetter cat-back. It's 2.25" mandrel bent tubing, $300.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
ganue
Supporting Member

Post by ganue »

Thanks all....

We ended up having a custom system made for the car. Resonator and a Mustang muffler all with 2.5" pipe. At idle with the KLZE there is a small "rumble" and is otherwise quiet until you really get into the throttle and it has a very nice presence...edgy with slight rasp, but really accentuates the V6 sound. I would not say it is a deep low frequency sound but not tinny by any means.

I asked for a sort of stealthy sound and this makes it work - silent until you get into it and then it is clear there is something different about the car....installed for less than the price of a Pacesetter system and no fart can look....

Oh - "off road use only" if you know what I mean....
1993 GS SE - "slow" (Stock) - SOLD
1993 GS SE - "fast" (Curved neck KLZE, OBX headers, custom 2.5" exhaust, KL36 ECU, Exedy Probe GT clutch, KL36 LSD - the real one, Lantis Type R lefthand halfshaft - unfortunately worth mentioning)- SOLD

1993 GS SE - acquired 4/28/2013, SOLD February 28, 2015

1985 RX-7 GSL-SE - SOLD
2003 VW GTI 1.8T
2009 Mazda5 Grand Touring

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”