[FS] SRD Reproduction Parts - Crossmember, Tie Bar & E-Brake

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: [GI] Aluminum Crossmember & Rear Tie Bar - SRD Reproduction

Post by fowljesse »

They came in on the 13th! I couldn't get them until today, though and I put them in :D
It would have gone really easily, however...
My car is too low for my drive up ramps, and I couldn't wait to put them on at Cjthor's tomorrow. So...
I backed the car onto the ramps, and discovered one of the bolts on Wytbishop's end links broke, and was gone. Probably my fault, though, because I adjusted them to have the driver's side lower, for corner balancing. I took a shot :shrug: Also, the Aluminum spacers all warped, so I made several trips to get a bolt, and steel tubing, and a new hacksaw blade to make steel spacers. I then realised I forgot to get a nut for the bolt. I was so sick of going to the hardware store, that I took a nut I had, and drilled, and tapped it to work :lol:
The rear tie bar went on easily. It took about 4 minutes to take the OEM one off, and put the new one on, and adjust it!
Since the car is too low for the ramps, I drove one front wheel (turned all the way out) onto a ramp, and crawled in the mud to replace the crossmember. That would have been a 4 minute job, too, otherwise.
Fitment was perfect. I don't remember what it looks like OEM, but on my car (no cat) the crossmember could be flat across side that bolts on. I'm a little concerned about how low it is. If possible, I'd buy one that is not raised (if you know what I mean).
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Pics!

That's great to hear! Ya, I've heard that from a few people in the past that they'be gotten a bit scuffed up, but nothing major, and I don't think they're THAT much thicker than stock. That design also is what helps with it's rigidity. Also Luc seemed that he was HUGE into autocross, so I'm sure they been throughly tested byhim too.

I'll PM Jeff in the next day or two to get stuff rolling.

Also, let me know how it feels with them on.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I put them on, but didn't think to take pics, so i took some today.
Not very good :(
Front:

Rear, painted "stealth":

It felt a little weird painting it, begause I l :love: ove shiny Aluminum, but I want my car to seem as stock as possible. I know that's funny now, but one day, I'll paint her, and she'll look stock. Anyway, I can buff it out whenever, if I choose.
The car is SOLID! These were the final touch for my setup, until I corner balance it.
I need to go to a parking lot on Sunday, and do my testing. I'm going to make a skidpad, and run the stock GS, and this one. All the turns I normally take, I know where the limit is, and now I go past it, and all the stuff in my car goes to the side, and I don't come close to losing traction. Keep in mind that I just also put on the Whiteline swaybar, and Wytbishop's endlinks.
Hopefully, there will be a video soon of me kicking asphalt!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

My 1st autocross is next weekend :2thumbsup:
I'll try to get video of it!
Sometime soon I'm going to make a skidpad, and calculate the Gs.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

G-force cannot be accurately calculated. It must be measured. Get an iPhone with the proper app. It has an accelerometer in it.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah. Hopefully CJthor will let me borrow his when I do it.
He lives on a cul de sac......
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

It also depends alot on temperature. Anything below 50-60F will be alot less than if it were 80. Don't expect your 30 degree tests to accurately represent how well the car sticks to the road! Not only the rubber contacting the pavement, but the struts change too, air pressure in tires change, etc.
BlaznLow

Post by BlaznLow »

if anyone is interestde, i have another cross member and a bunch of tie bars for sale
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

like Ive said, I would be interested in Ebrake handle....if it ever gets done.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

mitmaks wrote:like Ive said, I would be interested in Ebrake handle....if it ever gets done.
+1
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

If i could ever get ahold of it... :?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
BlaznLow

Post by BlaznLow »

ya, sorry guys, i cant make the ebrake handle when i got no idea what the design is
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

BlaznLow wrote:ya, sorry guys, i cant make the ebrake handle when i got no idea what the design is
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
BlaznLow

Post by BlaznLow »

a picture doesnt really help. i need to know how long it is, diameters, how big those flats are where they have SRD engraved. which thread is in the end so it can screw on. i really need to see one or someone give me dimensions off of one, who already has one.
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

BlaznLow, will you be making donations to support the site for the products you are selling?

Thanks,
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)

Return to “New Product Development”