Oil Filter Upgrade

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
beefmobile
antispam: No

Re: Oil Filter Upgrade

Post by beefmobile »

umcamara wrote:You two are like little children, and you have no idea what "my kind" is like.

My original question was simply what the larger filter was that would fit, I did not request anybody's comments.

I have provided much for this site over the past few years. What have you provided?
As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with you two.

If you want to take up these issues with me personally, my profile shows my name. Track me down, I'd love it.
did you see the bottom of my sig?

i'm not going to flame you, but only tell you dont ever tempt me to fukk you up.

wow so many ways to kill a human being just flashed thru my head.....wow.....
Cars:

2006 Mustang GT-- 12.5 @ 112 mph; NSR Stage II Cams, CMCV Delete Plates, GT500 Throttle Body, U/D pullies, JLT Intake, MAC Headers, O/R X Pipe, Borla Stingers, 4.10 Gears, Hurst Shifter, FRPP Springs, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Power Steering Delete, Brembo Brakes, Chrome Grille, Cervinis Chin Spoiler, GT500 18" Wheels, Blacked Out Lights, and much much more.

2006 Mercury Mariner V6-DD
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 SE-Wife
1993 Mazda MX-3-BEATER!

United States Marine Corps
PURPLEFLEA
antispam: No

Post by PURPLEFLEA »

Sorry to see everything got so heated.Everyone here has been very helpful with any info/parts I've needed.As far as of's go.I always ran The 2 qt truck filters on all my chevy small blocks because it alowed me to add an extra qt of oil without oil pan/crankcase mods and if you use a premium brand,you get better filtration with more filter area.I think in the case of the b6,you might be better off adding an oil cooler along with a remote filter set-up.Most remotes are available with both a single and dual filter arrangement.The dual set-up along with the cooler would add capacity,lower temps and give more filter area.IMO :wink:
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

I'm sorry If I helped to add to this, it was just something new to me lol (and knowledge is power! lol!)
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

The B6 is already a "cool" engine... really, there's no heat issues that in my opinion (damn right you get my opinion!) you'd really need unless you're boosting the B6. Non-boosted B6? Psh, sucker doesn't have heat as an enemy.

umcamara, would you like me to take a trip to the parts store and pick up the part number for you?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”